Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > MMC Home for the Holidays > Newest Christmas Features > Christmas Newswire » Black Friday Stampede Kills Wal Mart Worker

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Newswire Christmas Newswire.comBringing you news and headlines about Christmas from news sources around the web and from sites of the Merry Network, presented by Christmas Newswire. Members also use this area to share links to local Christmas news and events. Christmas is a year round newsmaker.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,832
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,830)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 11-28-2008, 04:27 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
I agree this is very sad.

According to CNN.com there were also 2 people shot to death at a Wal Mart in California .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-28-2008, 04:35 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,151 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
They Have a shot of this on yahoo,they show the man lying on the ground with officers and paramedics working him,nothing gross...Very sad!

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 11-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

HolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnog
Unbelievable
Old 11-28-2008, 07:07 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,151 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
2 men shoot eachother in a Cali Toys R Us!!

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 11-28-2008, 10:16 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,109 Times in 684 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
To prevent this kind of tragedy, Best Buy was letting people in the store 25 at a time. That was a smart move and I think all of the stores should follow suit.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:11 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,722 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
my goodness...that is supposed a fun day....but people are pushing and shoving so much that something tragig like that has to happen.....that´s very sad...and I feel with the worker´s family

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 11-29-2008, 05:00 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
To prevent this kind of tragedy, Best Buy was letting people in the store 25 at a time. That was a smart move and I think all of the stores should follow suit.
I think it was last year that the Kmart by me was doing something similar. They only were going to get so many Wii's in and to avoid a rush of people they started giving out tickets a day earlier. If you didn't have a ticket you didn't get a Wii. That way they wouldn't be on display and people crush each other trying to grab them. If you had a ticket you could show up anytime and go to the customer service desk, present it and walk out with your Wii.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 11-29-2008, 06:09 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
How SAD!! My husband told me about when he called me yestersday afternoon, but then when we were listening to thenews last night, I also heard it. Working in tetail for 20 years, I kow very well how CRAZY people get the day after Thanksgiving, but it seems to be getting worse.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

~NeonFire~ has shown a merry disposition~NeonFire~ has shown a merry disposition~NeonFire~ has shown a merry disposition
That's sad.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,239 Times in 494 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I read in my local paper this morning about the Wal-mart employee getting trampled to death. It's absolutely sickening.

What in the heck could any store, let alone WAL-MART, have on sale that warrants trampling someone to DEATH.

I cannot understand it.

Seriously...if anyone is thinking of getting me a present and they need to trample someone to death to save on the cost of it...JUST DON'T BUY IT FOR ME.