Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » I Rescued A Human Today

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,657)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Christmas Tree
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:30 PM
63,311 Views  0 Posts
Sissel and the Mormon...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:48 PM
50,181 Views  0 Posts
How to Stick to Your...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:43 PM
48,500 Views  0 Posts
Charlie Brown's...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:58 PM
56,385 Views  0 Posts
stocking Santa Smoking: Why is...
By Jeff Westover
10-11-2012 08:10 AM
Last post by HollyJolly
09-02-2013 08:30 AM
42,334 Views  6 Posts

Old 12-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
star I Rescued A Human Today

I rescued a human today.

Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering apprehensively into the kennels. I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her.

I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn’t be afraid. As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident I had in the back of my cage. I didn't want her to know that I hadn't been walked today.

Sometimes the shelter keepers get too busy and I didn't want her to think poorly of them.

As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about my past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a difference in someone's life. She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me. I shoved my shoulder and side of my head up against the bars to comfort her. Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for companionship. A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well.

Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I instantly jumped into her arms. I would promise to keep her safe. I would promise to always be by her side. I would promise to do everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes. I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are out there who haven't walked the corridors. So many more to be saved. At least I could save one.

I rescued a human today.

(author unknown)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ms_Speedy_Elf For This Useful Post:
HolidayHoney (12-01-2008), JanaBanana (12-03-2008), Janey (12-03-2008), justme324 (12-04-2008), mistletoe misfit (12-02-2008), Santa's Helper (12-01-2008), Santa_elf (12-03-2008), sgrover (12-02-2008), sugarplum fairy (12-03-2008), trackrebel (12-02-2008), VeryWelshXmasLover (12-02-2008)
Old 12-01-2008, 05:59 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,149 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
That is Beautiful

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
The Following User Says Thank You to Mumof2 For This Useful Post:
Ms_Speedy_Elf (12-03-2008)
Old 12-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

HolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnog
I am holding back tears.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by HolidayHoney View Post
I am holding back tears.
Forget holding them back!! My tears are FLOWING! That was so precious!! If I had the money/space I would adopt every single animal from the shelter!! I like kitties, but I developed an allergy after my cat of 13 years passed so it's definitely dogs for me!! Adopt a pet today!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
This makes me want to cry. I too was rescued by a kennel dog. She is the best little doggie ever. I always say to anyone looking for a pet to adopt from a shelter. Please! These are perfectly good pets just waiting for a home. My Maggie is my little sweet baby and I can't even stand to think of the day that she isn't with me anymore. Everyone should be rescued by a little fur ball with a wet nose!

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
The Following User Says Thank You to Santa's Helper For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2008, 01:35 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,046 Times in 3,684 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
thanks Speedy Elf...that was a beautifull story....I would adopt a dog, too from the Shelter...we have a cat already....but in Germany You have to pay taxes for dogs....and we can´t afford it......I can´t even walk by the animal shelter without wanting to cry when I hear the dogs whine and on....

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2008, 03:50 AM
Santa Clausologist

VeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
That is so, so beautiful!

I'll show my sister in law that one later She'll love it too

My two cats were saved too. My husband adopted the eldest (or, the cat adopted him - I forget), who was covered in fleas, skinny and out in the cold. The second cat, my husband found that was living in a skip in a builders yard. Again, she was skinny, frightened of everything, had a hurina (sp??), and needed us. They are now both pampered house cats that even get stockings at christmas lol.

Similar stories for my sister in law. Only she has adopted 3 cats
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VeryWelshXmasLover For This Useful Post:
Ms_Speedy_Elf (12-03-2008), trackrebel (12-02-2008)
Old 12-02-2008, 04:20 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,046 Times in 3,684 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by VeryWelshXmasLover View Post
That is so, so beautiful!

I'll show my sister in law that one later She'll love it too

My two cats were saved too. My husband adopted the eldest (or, the cat adopted him - I forget), who was covered in fleas, skinny and out in the cold. The second cat, my husband found that was living in a skip in a builders yard. Again, she was skinny, frightened of everything, had a hurina (sp??), and needed us. They are now both pampered house cats that even get stockings at christmas lol.

Similar stories for my sister in law. Only she has adopted 3 cats
nice You gave those cats a home.....btw...talking bout it...i need to buy cat toys for Christmas...

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
VeryWelshXmasLover (12-02-2008)
Old 12-02-2008, 04:28 AM
Santa Clausologist

VeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Cheers

Yeah, they are on my next shopping list too lol I get ready done stockings for them that have toys and treats in and I buy some tins of tuna too
Old 12-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

mistletoe misfit has shown a merry dispositionmistletoe misfit has shown a merry dispositionmistletoe misfit has shown a merry dispositionmistletoe misfit has shown a merry dispositionmistletoe misfit has shown a merry disposition
Our lab we got as a pup from a reputable breeder.
Our two cats we found at our vets. Strays are always being dropped off there and he is always taking them in and finding loving homes for them. We had a kitten we had gotten from a local shelter. Five days after, she took gravely ill, our vet said there was no hope and we needed to have her put down. We were devastated! Shortly after our vet phoned us and said they had a momma cat for us. She was only one, she had already had kittens, been fixed then taken to a new home. Only to be returned when that family's cat would not accept her. Were we interested?
We went and saw her. Only one problem in the very next kennel were kittens looking for homes. So yes, we became the proud new family to one grown cat and one kitten. Gilbert is now 6 and Simba is 5. Yep, both are female and were named by our DS and oldest DD, who happened to be 3 and 1 at the time. We adore them. They sleep each night with our two daughters.
The Following User Says Thank You to mistletoe misfit For This Useful Post: