Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,231
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,429)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 12-02-2008, 08:49 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,065 Times in 613 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
7 points

Well yesterday (Monday) was the first day of Buck here in PA. Hubby never gets the first day off from work but yesterday they had a 4 hour work day so he was able to come home and get some hunting done.

Well my husband was blessed with a bounty and he got a 7 point Buck.

It worked out well because our son came home to hunt and with the addition of our grandsons and son-in-law there was a lot of male bonding going on in my home. Last night the grandsons were here at my home and I had to smile when I listened to their conversations about the day of hunting and being with their pappy, their dad and their uncle. They will always have these memories. The oldest (15 yr. old) grandson spent the night with us to be with his uncle (my son) and they all went hunting this morning but my hubby had to go to work.

This morning my 13 year old grandson hunting with his dad, brother and my son got a half rack Buck and this is his 2nd year hunting so he was blessed.

Now both grandsons have experience the thrill. Our 15 yr. old grandson got a beautiful Buck his first year which is mounted and hanging by his dad's deer and there is a big difference.

So I'm hoping my son gets one too for he is leaving to go home later today.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

sgrover has disabled reputation
Wow, my husband would be thrilled with any of those! He's been out 5 times this season and never saw a darn thing to shoot at. He's going out again this weekend for muzzleloader, since rifle is over now. I hope he gets something, I love a good venison steak or roast.
The Following User Says Thank You to sgrover For This Useful Post:
joyful (12-02-2008)
Old 12-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,886 Times in 4,736 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Those kinds of memories last for a lifetime. My son killed his first deer (a spectacular 10 point!) while hunting with my dad 4 years ago. He had just turned 8. Dad had the deer mounted, and it's on Jacob's bedroom wall now.

Dad passed away suddenly a year later, but Jacob will always have that reminder.
bhenson (12-04-2008)
Old 12-02-2008, 10:23 AM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 546 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
WOW we must see pics You know Im a family of hunters here... We count the points different I think? Like the buck I shot last year some might consider a 7 point, but we actullay call it a 4X3. 4 points one side and 3 on the other....
My son and hubs werent able to get a buck this year, but my son was able to take a doe and we have some awesome homemade jerky I made up... YUMM!!!

♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JanaBanana For This Useful Post:
bhenson (12-04-2008), joyful (12-02-2008)
Old 12-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Sweet!!....we also got a buck a few weeks back. S/O let our daughter and nephew skin it and they actually did an awesome job. I will add pics. to an album at a later time.