Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > TV » Did you see what they did to Rudolph last night?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

TV For any child of the 1960s (and later) Christmas just wouldn't be the same without television. Talk Christmas on the tube here, brought to us and constantly updated by the most comprehensive Christmas television resource online, MerryChristmasTV.net.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,841
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 12-05-2008, 12:54 AM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,111 Times in 686 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Yes, I noticed it. It was bad.

If I recall correctly, for many years they played the edited Rudolph and back in '98 they started playing the unedited version. It must be cheaper to play the the edited one again, no matter what the quality is.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,816 Times in 3,858 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
Back in the dim, misty past... way, way back in primordial 1964... little second grade Georgie Broderick remembers Rudolph as being an hour and a half program... GE Theater, if I'm not mistaken... so, that means the original running time (without commercials) would probably clock in at somewhere around an hour... to fit it all into an hour these days (about 40 minutes running time), they'd have to do some MAJOR chopping... and they have!

Glad I have the DvD... but, think of the goodwill it would generate for their business if some sponsor paid to run the entire uncut Rudolph with plenty of commercials before AND after... or limited commercial breaks throughout...
Old 12-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Even though we have all this modern technology, some things are just better left the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to snowytree For This Useful Post:
Ms_Speedy_Elf (12-05-2008)
Old 12-05-2008, 07:26 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
I guess they figure that the little kid's won't notice unlike we big kid's do .

I agree though it is a shame to mess with the film which was probably did for the sake of more commercial's

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-07-2008, 03:16 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 47,616 Times in 7,651 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
This doesn't bode well for "A Charlie Brown Christmas" showing tomorrow night. I see that it is an hour long now.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
This doesn't bode well for "A Charlie Brown Christmas" showing tomorrow night. I see that it is an hour long now.

I think they show another Charlie Brown christmas special in addition to t he classic one.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
Yep, here's the description from abc.com

Charlie Brown Christmas

A Charlie Brown Christmas
Mon Dec 8th and Tue Dec 16th 8/7c

The ABC Television Network will celebrate the joy of the holidays with the classic animated Christmas-themed PEANUTS special, A Charlie Brown Christmas, created by late cartoonist Charles M. Schulz. The hour will also include a series of Christmas-themed animated stories entitled Charlie Brown Christmas Tales, based on Schulz's work, in which each of the beloved PEANUTS characters - Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Linus, Lucy and Sally - star in his or her own charming animated vignette.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

HolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnog
I noticed too, even though I enjoyed the show I couldn't help but cringe a little. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Old 12-07-2008, 06:03 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,151 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
I missed it they always mess with classics..If it ain't broke,don't fix it..someone should slap a post-it note on the bigwigs foreheads to remind them of that... shame..

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 12-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I noticed it was off as well. I just couldn't put my finger on what was wrong and I thought maybe it was 'technical difficulties'. It's frustrating when they chop up a classic like that just to fit in another advert or two.