Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Christmas Decorations Christmas is a hands-on art. From the lights we put on the house to the decorations we put on the tree to the great foods we eat in the process, Christmas is a time of doing -- and this is the place we gather to talk, plan and share.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,464
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,752)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Vacation...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:25 PM
Last post by carmenpaigee
07-16-2011 12:03 AM
67,148 Views  2 Posts
Bells The Nativity Part V:...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:48 PM
86,931 Views  0 Posts
Of Greatest Worth
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:29 PM
45,194 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in the 1930s
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:02 PM
63,471 Views  0 Posts
Gift 4 Ideas for Frugal Gift...
By MMC Editor
09-25-2011 07:00 AM
73,258 Views  0 Posts

Old 08-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Santa Clausologist

caseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elf
New Decorations

Are any of you going to buy new decorations for this year?
Old 08-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Santa Clausologist

mrshfromjersey has shown a merry dispositionmrshfromjersey has shown a merry disposition
We buy all year round. During garage sale season, we look for unwanted ornaments and decorations. As soon as the ornaments are out at Hallmark, my husband makes a beeline to the store and drools all over them.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:41 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
they've been calling me "hello, we dont have your money yet?
Old 08-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
i buy and make all the year round.
every year.

xo

"Elfworks is right." *Jeff Westover

HAVE SPATULA. WILL TRAVEL......
www.thyca.org
http://www.aace.com/public/awareness...kCheckCard.pdf

OH HAPPY DAY! THE END OF KAKISTOCRACY IS HERE!!

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 09-05-2006, 11:55 PM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
My mom knows how much of a Christmas lover I am so she bought me an entire miniature Christmas village that has lights on the inside of each building a couple of months ago. I have a house, a firehouse, a church, a school house, a city hall, a bakery, a toy store and a candy shop. I'm going to set the entire thing up at her house in December complete with fake snow underneath!
Old 09-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

Misfit Toy has shown a merry dispositionMisfit Toy has shown a merry dispositionMisfit Toy has shown a merry disposition
I'm running out of room lol.

I usually get a new ornament every year, if I see one I like. I have to get some new lights for outside I think too. So much great stuff comes out every year, you cant help it. I don't like to clutter either. While I have a ton of stuff and love getting new stuff, I like to keep it "classy" still. Just where its not looking thrown together all over the place and thought is put into eveyrthing if that makes sense.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:53 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
I usually buy a few strings of new lights every year. And if I see a good deal on a Christmas decoration, I will buy it.

Old 09-26-2006, 07:00 AM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
I do buy new stuff every year, though there is no reason to. I have enough to last a lifetime already, but when the bug hits, what do you do?
Old 09-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Ervserver

you betcha..already have bought some. Hobby Lobby had 50% off ornament sale here last week.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:15 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

MarthaK has shown a merry dispositionMarthaK has shown a merry disposition
I buy Christmas items all year long, however, I have a new major purchase this year that doesn't involve my outside lights.

When I was at Sears this weekend I saw them setting out the new Department 56 "The Christmas Story" collection.

I bought everything they had in stock, I'm still missing 2 small pieces, the Bumpas's dogs running off with the turkey and the figures of Ralphie and his friends.

Now I have to find a place to display it, my Currier and Ives village, the Bedford Falls village and my other random Dept.56 pieces. I will find a space.