Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Fun & Games » Games to play for adults at a party?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 12-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

whitexmas is a new face around here!
holly Games to play for adults at a party?

I need help....anyone have any suggestions of games to play on Christmas eve, for my family. I want to make our Christmas eve really fun this year. We only have 2 kids around the age of 10. So it can't be too childish. Thanks!

Old 12-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
I'm not good at this game stuff but, there's pictionary or if you have any of the Scene It! games, those might be good.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 12-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

BritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elf
the party I went to last weekend had red & green jello shots but that was about it!
The Following User Says Thank You to BritneyBug For This Useful Post:
Annette1990 (12-09-2008)
Old 12-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Charades would be fun... or remember the gameshow Win, Lose or Draw? The players had one minute to give clues to a secret phrase by sketching on a large tablet, without using letters, numbers or verbal clues.

Musical Chairs using Christmas music..

Or if anyone plays the piano or keyboard you could play "Name that tune"

Or you could play a Christmas Family Fued...put questions and points they are worth on cards and ask questions about the holiday. For example Something you put on your tree... answer could be many things like a Star being number one and worth 50 points, tinsle being number 6 and worth 5 pts. etc...the team with the most points win..
Old 12-10-2008, 12:46 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Oh how I loved Win, Lose or Draw! It's like Pictionary. I miss that show. The game show network used to show all of the old game shows but, just like cartoon network they suck now too. They don't show much of anything that was good anymore. They used to show the Price is Right back when Bob Barker had black hair! Now, it's some old shows and a lot of newer ones as well. I'm not liking it much anymore.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 12-10-2008, 03:32 AM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I only know child-ish ones I'm afraid! I don't know if you have maltesers in the USA (http://www.maltesers.com/) but they are great for going down 'marble runs'. If you seta run up on a (low) table you lie underneath it and let them drop into your mouth...

There's 'fluffy bunny'. Each player takes a marsh mallow and puts it in their mouth (no eating) and you have to say 'fluffy bunny'. you then add a mallow, say it, etc. repeat until fluffy bunny can't be understood anymore (and you're stuffed with mallows in your mouth!). The winner is the last one who can be understood.

Sorry, prob not much help...
Old 12-10-2008, 04:52 AM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
As mentioned in one of the other posts, Scene It is a lot of fun to play. Kids and adults can play it together.

I have just added a new game to my list of fun things to do. FLUFFY BUNNY. That sould so hilarious. I'm going out to buy marshmallows...because we are playing that at our party on Saturday!! LOL!! I thought the only fun thing to do with marshmallows was throwing them up in the air to see if the hubby could catch them in his mouth. I will see if I can video tape the Fluffy Bunny game and post it!!!
Old 12-10-2008, 06:42 AM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker
Last Achievements

Caroling has shown a merry dispositionCaroling has shown a merry dispositionCaroling has shown a merry disposition
How about playing a game with a hint of a Christmas song. I will try to explain this as simply as I can as it was played once at a place where I worked. On a sheet of paper were two columns one side had a line from a Christmas song and the other side had a list of song titles. The person had to match the line of music to the song title. You could also do this with popular movies. Caroling
Old 12-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by Santa's Helper View Post
Oh how I loved Win, Lose or Draw! It's like Pictionary. I miss that show. The game show network used to show all of the old game shows but, just like cartoon network they suck now too. They don't show much of anything that was good anymore. They used to show the Price is Right back when Bob Barker had black hair! Now, it's some old shows and a lot of newer ones as well. I'm not liking it much anymore.
HA HA Yeah I used to watch GSN too. And I agree they have really done away with alot of the oldie but goodies game shows. I about flipped when I seen Bob actually had black hair....*L* Remember that game Let's make a Deal with Monte Hall as the host. I liked that one too. They would pick a box or a curtain and it would either be a new car or possibly a chicken or horse....LOL. Gone are the days when you could get a brand new Gremlin for 600 bucks...*L*
Old 12-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,818 Times in 3,859 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
No one in my family wants to play Pictionary (or Win, Lose or Draw) against the resident family artist, so I can't recommend that one...

But a GREAT game for ALL ages is Apples To Apples.

Monopoly usually works, too.