Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » A recycled Christmas

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells The Nativity Part IV: He...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:47 PM
66,426 Views  0 Posts
Anna Claus
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:15 PM
76,250 Views  0 Posts
Papa's Christmas Surprise
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:21 PM
51,551 Views  0 Posts
Being a Merry Mom
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:33 PM
48,656 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Baby
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:01 PM
41,042 Views  0 Posts

Old 12-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Crazy Elf

santahat A recycled Christmas

With the economy squeezing all of our budgets this year, I thought I'd pass on what my family is doing this year. In order to save money, and be "green" we are having a recycled Christmas. This requires us to buy gifts that have been used. That means shopping on e-bay, pawn shops and second hand stores. It also means buying re-built i-pods. We are also making gifts. I am copying family home video from the past 20 years for members of my family. My wife is transferring her parents' favorite old records onto cd's and even on i-pods. We are actually having so much fun doing this, and we are saving a lot of money.
It is something to think about if you need to save some money this year.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Annette1990 (12-10-2008), Courtney (12-10-2008), Head Elf (12-11-2008), sgrover (12-12-2008), tgalata (12-11-2008), trackrebel (12-13-2008)
Old 12-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

HolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnog
I think what you and your wife are doing will be greatly appreciated! Great ideas. I would love for someone to do those things for me.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
I also think this is a great idea. I think when you recycle the way you are doing it you tend to appreciate things more. As the wise old saying goes...
One man's junk is another man's treasure!
I love shopping on Ebay, Yard/Garage/Estate Sells, Flea Markets etc... why pay top dollar when you can get it for less.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,197 Times in 12,632 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star We have had many recycled Christmas's

over the years. They are fun and do not cost a lot. They do not leave you paying for Christmas still in March.
This year I am making jar mixes for my extended family. I bought little cookbooks (4 for $2) at a discount store to put in each bag. And everyone is getting a family picture (we took them ourselves and had them printed at Walmart) on a card with a CD of Christmas music (also on sale last year, box of 18 for only $3)
My kids are getting some amazing things I bought at thrift stores that were new or almost new and cost only a fraction of what I would of paid if I had gone to the store and bought them new.
We also do lots of baking and start storing up things in Sept. buying a bit each shopping trip.
So put it all together and we end up with a great Christmas and lots of love to go around!
Old 12-11-2008, 09:45 AM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,149 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Great Idea.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 12-13-2008, 06:55 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,059 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
I love it. What a neat way to celebrate.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-13-2008, 01:56 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,056 Times in 3,685 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Crazy Elf....that´s a great thing to do....many of the things that can be done every year......the only thing about ebay.....it´s almost hard finding used and unusual stuff over there....cos most of the sellers are stores.......it´s not what it used to be

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You