Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,449
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Holly and the Ivy
By MMC Editor
06-08-2008 09:25 PM
67,466 Views  0 Posts
Is it Donner or Donder?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:53 PM
48,592 Views  0 Posts
Mrs. Christmas
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 08:55 PM
Last post by sammylar1304
08-17-2011 02:31 PM
47,902 Views  1 Posts
Christmas Collage
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:37 PM
44,641 Views  0 Posts
The Reality of Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:26 PM
47,878 Views  0 Posts

Old 12-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
You have my deepest sympathy. Please know that there is a time to mourn and it's ok. But also know that your loved one most likely would not want you to be sad and depressed during the holidays.
I think about my Dad in this way. I miss him terribly but I know he's with me for he raised me and most of my character was developed by his example, his love, his kindness so he is always with me.
Don't forget the living to dwell with the dead. You have others who your presence will influence and try to do the best you can to make it a wonderful Christmas for them and you.

God Bless and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-15-2008, 01:39 AM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,071 Times in 657 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:30 AM
Christmasologist

kerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
That's so very sad ! There are some ornament picture frames available. It would be nice to put his picture on your tree. I'm sure your grandpa knew how much you loved Christmas and he would want you to enjoy this time even if you miss him a lot.

We will all help you get back in the spirit. Just take a half hour or so every day to read up and post whenever you feel like it. We'll all keep you in our thoughts !
Old 12-15-2008, 08:39 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Im sorry to hear this. You will always have the memories of him.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

TooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elf
thanks guys.

but i don't even want christmas right now.
were not even all getting together anymore.
christmas eve plans are ruined.
no presents, instead i have to pay bills.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:03 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

TwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnog
*hugs*
Sorry to hear of your loss.
Remember God loves you and He cares about you! Pray to Him! And also know that you have someone here who cares too

Old 12-16-2008, 05:09 AM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
Originally Posted by TooShort4 View Post
thanks guys.

but i don't even want christmas right now.
were not even all getting together anymore.
christmas eve plans are ruined.
no presents, instead i have to pay bills.
Jordan, you are just a kid yourself. Don't take on more responsibility then you need to. You are not an adult and you should not have to shoulder bills, etc. Leave that to your parents. I know you may feel like you "should" help or may even "need" to, but remember that you are still a child. You have the rest of your life to be an adult and all the worries that come along with it.

It is unfortunate that your family is going to not get together. My family does quite the opposite when someone passes. We stick together and draw comfort and strength from each other. Maybe they just need someone like you to remind them that Grandpa would WANT everyone together. He would WANT you to have a wonderful Christmas.

Sometimes adults need to be reminded about what's important!! We are not perfect as much as we might like to think we are. A gentle reminder that family NEEDS family during times like this.

Good luck Jordan! You are an extraordinary teenager!!!

Diana
Old 12-16-2008, 07:46 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,091 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
i can relate to what your going through, we lost my precious granddad on christmas morning 1993, since then (even though we are a close family) my family don't go all out for christmas, they prefer it to come and go ASAP. there is only me and my cousin who go all out, we try and get the rest of the family involved as much as possible, some days they make an effort, others they don't. but my love of christmas is too great to stop me making an effort and having fun, if my family don't wanna throw a christmas party then i plan a night in with my favourite food and my favourite christmas movies. i make my own christmas spirit.

you and your family will be hurting deeply right now, and this probably won't be the most amazing christmas, but remember you will be together again one day, he will be up there celebrating and he would want you to do the same. why don't you suggest getting the christmas eve plans back on track? you all need eachother right now.

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 12-16-2008, 07:52 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

TooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elf
Originally Posted by officepro4u View Post
Jordan, you are just a kid yourself. Don't take on more responsibility then you need to. You are not an adult and you should not have to shoulder bills, etc. Leave that to your parents. I know you may feel like you "should" help or may even "need" to, but remember that you are still a child. You have the rest of your life to be an adult and all the worries that come along with it.

It is unfortunate that your family is going to not get together. My family does quite the opposite when someone passes. We stick together and draw comfort and strength from each other. Maybe they just need someone like you to remind them that Grandpa would WANT everyone together. He would WANT you to have a wonderful Christmas.

Sometimes adults need to be reminded about what's important!! We are not perfect as much as we might like to think we are. A gentle reminder that family NEEDS family during times like this.

Good luck Jordan! You are an extraordinary teenager!!!

Diana
yeah, i know i over-reacted on that, but its just like, my parents keep complaining to me how they have no money and how im not getting any presents this year. Im headed off to his funeral now.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
TS4 (Jordan), I am sorry to hear about your Grandfather, I know the loss you are feeling, just as the others do. If what Office said, you can be responsible, but not for the bills, money, etc..... Maybe you are your grandfather's elf now. I'm not saying to go out and be giddy, happy or not to grieve... you have to grieve, but you make the holiday spirit come alive to honor your grandfather. My family is spread out all over the US and we don't get together anymore. My neighbors and their son and kids are our new family and we spend it with them. My mom died almost 5 years ago and I have a tree just for her (actually it's hers and all of her ornaments). I bought her an ornament the year right before she passed and when going through her things it brought tears, but it also brought happy memories of her. Write a story about your Grandfather, honoring him and remembering him. Let your tears flow today and even if this year isn't to Chrismassy, there is always next year. And your family here at MMC will hold you in our hearts and send arms of strength to you. I know that "could I have one more day with..."
I do it all the time, but I celebrate my mom's life every holiday and include her with all things that I do. We are here for you, cry on our shoulders and let us comfort you.