Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Wind's Wrecking Havoc On Outdoor Decorations

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,846
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 12-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
Wind's Wrecking Havoc On Outdoor Decorations

We have been having strong wind's all day today . Gust's as high as 20+ mph. We have shutter wrapper's on the front of the house or should I say "HAD",as the wind has ripped down all but 1 of the 4 of them and it will probably be gone by morning ,as the wind is to continue. 2 came down earlier today and when my b/f came back from taking my son to work awhile ago he discovered that another one is now missing . He walked a couple house's up the street and didn't find it ,so it's really no telling where it could be .It's after 10 PM here so it would be rather hard to find in the dark.They are /were held on by Velcro strip's.I'm just glad that we didn't pay a lot for them ( $2.00 a pair) ,so all is not a total loss.

This is what they look like should you find a "runaway" shutter cover in your state

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 12-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Cute decorations Terri. I know what you mean with high winds. We have em' here all the time. Sometimes up to 60/70mph. It's been mellow here lately thou so all my outside decor is in tack for now. *Knock on wood* But awhile back the winds were knocking my decorations all over the place. I even out a brick on the inside the bottom of one blow mold and it still was knocking over. Very frustrating it can be....
Old 12-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,303 Times in 610 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
Yeah

Yeah - i have gone to anchoring everything down and tieing to trees etc....
Old 12-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,239 Times in 494 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Terri, we've been having pretty high winds as well.

I was in Nashville Sunday and the wind kept knocking over some of my mom's outside decorations.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:34 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

Boogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Sounds like it's an epidemic--we had 50 mph winds today here in Michigan. It is hard to keep everything intact outside!

Click to see my photography!
Old 12-22-2008, 05:22 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Sorry you are having problems with your shutters. I like the way you have decorated them.
We were a bit windy yesterday and the poor plastic snowman is no longer standing up, he's lying face down. It got bitter cold overnight here and continues this morning. I'm glad I'm done decorating outside or else it just would not get done.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:40 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,157 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
If it blows over my way Illl post it back, lol
The Following User Says Thank You to kelly ann For This Useful Post:
Ms_Speedy_Elf (12-22-2008)
Old 12-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

sgrover has disabled reputation
Same here, my Joseph keeps blowing over, looks like he's been hitting bottle! And now his light went out, but he's so covered in snow (we got over a foot this weekend, expecting up to another foot by Christmas), I'm not sure if we'll be able to replace it. And my star went out, very frustrating!