Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » Tell me a bit about your family...

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,436
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
It's a Wonderful Life...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:17 PM
52,074 Views  0 Posts
santahat Remember when Black...
By MMC Editor
11-12-2013 12:55 AM
Last post by thechristmasmusicman
01-27-2014 10:42 AM
18,447 Views  4 Posts
"The Child Who Saw Santa...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 09:01 AM
0 Posts
Christmas Controversies
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:27 PM
50,484 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 Chestnuts
By Christmasstar
09-09-2013 07:30 AM
Last post by Meceka
09-18-2013 08:33 PM
10,627 Views  1 Posts

Old 12-31-2008, 02:09 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
I come from a big family. My parents had 7 kids. 5 boys and two girls. All of us kids are really close to one another and so are our children. My mother came from a family of 13 kids and my dad being the only boy has 3 sisters. My siblings and I all live within 30 mintues to even 1 block over from each other. Except for my youngest brother who lives about 1.5 hrs away near Yellowstone Ntl. Park....We still see each other quite often thou since we go to the hot springs on a regular basis. We were also closer to my mothers side of the family growing up. I have soooooooooooo many cousins I have lost count!
Old 12-31-2008, 02:15 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

sgrover has disabled reputation
It's been really cool reading about everyone's families!

Let's see. I am the youngest of 5 children, my brother 14 years older, sister 13 years older, sister 12 years older (my parents didn't waste any time!), and brother 8 years older. They took a break between the last two, then I was sort of a surprise. I only knew 1 grandmother, she died in 1997, two days before her 92nd birthday. My dad is 83 and my mom 79, both in OK health. My dad has asthma and my mom is diabetic and had triple bypass surgery 2 years ago. But right now they're doing ok. And they've been married for 58 years now!

Oldest brother is a minister, married with 5 children, 4 of them are now married and 3 of the married couple each have 2 children. Oldest sister is married, 2 step children (1 deceased), and 2 step grandchildren. Other sister is divorced/remarried, with 2 adult children, no grandchildren yet. Other brother is a bachelor.

I am married, I have 1 son, 19, and two step sons, 19 & 16, and together my husband and I have a daughter, 9. My son and husband always had a strained relationship to say the least, and this fall it finally got so bad my son moved out to live with his aunt (sister # 1 above). That was very hard on me, I felt like I had failed him so badly, but it's gotten better. He's been home a few times and things have gone smoothly, so it seems like my husband and son can get along if they aren't under the same roof. I unfortunately have a fairly strained relationship with my two step sons also, am secretly wishing they'd move out too, but I love my husband and put up with them for his sake. For now anyway. My daughter is the joy of my life, we are good buddies, even if I do suck at Guitar Hero as she tells me. Oh well.

My mom came from a family of 14 children (well 17 really, 1 still born, 2 died in infancy), and I think I have over 75 first cousins on that side. Over half of them I wouldn't recognize if I met them on the street. We used to have huge family reunions every summer at a local fireman's park, but once the aunts and uncles started dieing off, they stopped. Now the remaining aunts & uncles and spouses get together a few times a year. And some of us female cousins now get together once a year, so that's nice too. My dad is the oldest of 5 kids, I've got 12 cousins on that side, I know all of them!

My husband has 1 brother, 1 niece and 1 nephew, they are both married with 2 & 3 kids repectively. His parents are both still alive, and have been married for 51 years now I think. He has a few cousins here, and his dad's family is from down south, he's got a few cousins down there, but I've never met them, just get Christmas cards.

I guess that's it for me! Looking forward to reading more from others.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:24 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Large family...my mom is from a family of 8 kids and so is my dad. I am from a family of 5 kids...3 brothers and 1 sister, and me. I do not get to see any of them very much at all because we all live so far apart! I do have 3 nephews and 2 nieces from my siblings side.
I know my paternal grandmother(she died back in 95) and I barely knew my maternal grandmother who died in 98. I never knew either of my grandfathers...I know of my great grandfather who lived to be 100 and also died 10 years ago. Years ago my Mom gave me a very old picture of my great great grandparents..I have it sitting near the front door entry.
I have many,many cousins, and some of them out there I don't even know about since my mom was put in foster homes since she was about 4 years old.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Well, my immediate family is small. I have 1 older brother and that's it. My parents divorced in 1980 when I was 6. I saw my father for a couple of years after the divorce but, then he walked away and I hadn't seen him in 21 years. I always wondered what it would be like to have a dad to talk to and what he was like now. So, I tracked him down in 2006 and he responded. We've been talking ever since and he and my brother gave me away at my wedding. My mother is not happy about him in mine and my brother's lives but, it was always an emptiness that I felt not knowing him. I had memories of him as a child but, I have very few of my parents being married. My dad lives in Florida and I rarely see him but, I do talk on the phone to him and it's not the perfect relationship but, atleast I know where he is, what his voice sounds like and I can talk to him whenever I want. It was really a relief. It's not that father/daughter relationship that a lot of girls have with their dads because that time has passed but, it's the only relationship I know how to have with him and I'm fine with it.

My mom has 3 sisters (1 of them died in 2002) and 4 brothers (1 of them died when he was 21, in 1974). My mom was very close with her younger brother, Dennis. When he died in 1974 it was March 9th. Soon after she found out she was pregnant with me so I was named Denise after him. I have 1 Uncle in Florida, 2 here in Pa. but, 1 of them lives close to Philly. I have an aunt here in Pa. and my favorite aunt, Ruth lives in California. I only get to see her once a year and it really bugs me because she's turning 67 this year and I feel like I'm missing out on seeing her and spending time with her because of the distance. She's always lived somewhere else though just it was usually on the east coast so the trip wasn't so long. I have a bunch of cousins that I don't really see that often, maybe once a year. My brother and I are very close and my mom lives 2 miles from me and even works at the same place I do. That's about it. Sorry it was so long!!!!

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 01-07-2009, 04:28 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
I am the eldest of five. My youngest brother is 11!!!! I have 2 neices, one daughter and soon to be 1 son. I have loads of cousins, even 4th cousins! My mother is the second eldest of 6, so thats a lot of family!