Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2009

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,470
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,899)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Story of Stan...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:32 PM
55,711 Views  0 Posts
A Forgotten Classic:...
By MerryCarey
07-26-2011 08:06 AM
Last post by MerryBells
07-31-2011 06:14 PM
2 Posts
Christmas Bells
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:12 PM
52,531 Views  0 Posts
Mistletoe
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:16 PM
51,546 Views  0 Posts
The Art of Wassail
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:19 PM
43,967 Views  0 Posts

Old 01-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Official MMC Countmeister

Last Achievements

Thanked 24,126 Times in 2,774 Posts
Crown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by SparkleNana View Post
Johnor - what do you mean --- like they are going to make a movie of the thrad as a Christmas Movie for 20209? Or - maybe an ongoing TV series -- about "The People On The Countdown Thread"?/ Or maybe we can bring out our own line of Christmas candy for adults -- an Advent Calendar that counts down the days to the season and you get a big candy bar for every day? Or... Maybe we can make a string of pubs named "The Christmas Countdown Thread"?
Hey, Sparkle. You're going to give Binger ideas for their next opera.
Hmmm...... How about a plaid sweater sewed with red and green Christmas threads?
Old 01-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Crown 84 -- the plaid sweater idea is classic and beautiful! How about matching ones for all the women of different ages in the family?

But what to design for the men?

Bow ties & matching suspenders? Matching sweater vests? I just don't know. What do you think?
Old 01-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

SilentNight08 has shown a merry dispositionSilentNight08 has shown a merry dispositionSilentNight08 has shown a merry disposition
Well I just put away one of my three nativities. I had to make a spot for the new photo frame that plays a bunch of pictures. Inlaws are coming for stakes and football so I wanted to get it up so we could all see our christmas pictures.

I have up the one I just got this Christmas.. I have wanted it for years.. the Willow Tree nativity.. My inlaws bought it for me so I am going to leave it up for a while since it is brand new!
The Following User Says Thank You to SilentNight08 For This Useful Post:
SparkleNana (01-04-2009)
Old 01-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,091 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
How are you doing today?

My husband and I just had a big big fight. Five minutes later, he said "I think that was the DUMBEST fight we have ever had. What do you think?" Yes, I must agree. Fights do not get any dumber than that. It almost reached the food-fight level on my part. And we have been together for 48 years. You would hope that the level of fighting would become more refined over time. But.... no.
i am great thanks!

lol at your dumb fight, i'm always having dumb fights with my other half.

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 01-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Official MMC Countmeister

Last Achievements

Thanked 24,126 Times in 2,774 Posts
Crown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Crown 84 -- he plaid sweater idea is classic and beautiful! How about matching ones for all the women of different ages in the family?

But what to design for the men?

Bow ties & matching suspenders? Matching sweater vests? I just don't know. What do you think?
Maureen?
Old 01-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Crown 84 -- Yes - that is a question for Maureen!! But - where is Maureen?
Old 01-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Christmasologist

SilentNight08 -- that was such a nice post you made -- about you and your in-laws doing nice things for each other.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Christmasologist

Maureen?
Old 01-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,411 Times in 1,737 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
You just call out my name, and you know wherever I am, I'll come running...............!!!!

Okay, it's just a prototype and it's still a work in progress but this gives you a rough idea as to what I'm aiming for

Old 01-04-2009, 03:08 PM
MMC Musicmaster & Programming Director of Merry Christmas Radio

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,598 Times in 550 Posts
JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
First post of the New Year!!! Hello everyone!!! Can't believe I've been out of the loop for almost four days already...Spent yesterday in bed with an awful virus of some sort...Felt a million times better today but I guess about twenty hours of sleep oved the course of thrity-six will do that for you!

Our lights and tree are still up till next weekend! Might as well grab a little extra enjoyment!

Oh and by the way...For anyone needing a Christmas music boost anytime between now and Christmas 2009, we at www.MerryChristmasRadio.com will be spinning the classics and those destined to be! A few hours of tweaking and I'll have some big shows...An interview with Mary Crosby, daughter of the Grand-Daddy of all Christmas music makers, Bing Crosby, and interview with Bill Champlin, long-time member of the group "Chicago" and several special themed shows! By the way, if you have any ideas or comments, either PM me or send them to Jay@MerryChristmasRadio.com!

Jay