Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2009

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,434
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Somewhere in France
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:14 PM
50,292 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity Part III:...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:45 PM
79,075 Views  0 Posts
The Year Santa Was...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:33 PM
54,396 Views  0 Posts
Santa Everywhere
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:15 PM
43,663 Views  0 Posts
The Story of Black Peter
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:49 PM
Last post by Angioni
09-16-2012 09:19 AM
1 Posts

Old 09-25-2009, 05:02 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,164 Times in 12,625 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star Good morning everyone!

Going to take a bus load to downtown Toronto today. Not sure what I am doing after I drop them off, but I did bring a good book and it is supposed to be a nice day.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:52 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

HoosierChristmas has disabled reputation
3 months! I'm watching QVC right now! Today is going to be a good day!
Old 09-25-2009, 07:17 AM
Official MMC Countmeister

Last Achievements

Thanked 24,051 Times in 2,767 Posts
Crown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
.....and I think we are at the threshold for breaking last year's record.....
Which record would that be? Total thread posts or most coffee drunk?
(Well, I guess we are all working towards our own special records.)

Good Morning, Friends of the Christmas Season.
We have arrived (again).
That's right! Yet another Milestone has been reached.
As of today - the 3/4 mark to Christmas Day!
Days to the Season: 49
Days to Christmas Day:91
Gee! 49 to the Season. We are really starting to get close!

Overcast here in Raleigh at this hour with rain in the forecast for today and tomorrow.
Currently, we stand at 74 nicely walkable degrees.

Well, with another Milestone reached, I'm sure everyone will have a Fabulous Friday. (And no doubt a great Weekend start this afternoon, to boot!)
Old 09-25-2009, 07:26 AM
Official MMC Countmeister

Last Achievements

Thanked 24,051 Times in 2,767 Posts
Crown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Hey!
Scared to look at the Milestone Marker chart for fear the next Milestone might be too close? Might it make you fearful that time is running out on Christmas plans?
Well I've got news for you. Your fears are grounded!!

That's right.
Since we have been focusing on a string of "Day" markers which have come in a row, we have not been noticing how close our next "Season" marker has been creeping.
Well, hold on to your hat (or coffee cup) - the 90% Season Milestone is just 12 days away. That's the home stretch mark, everyone!
Mark your calendars for October 7th.

And with that, have a REALLY Fabulous Friday!
Old 09-25-2009, 07:39 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

pinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elf
what a wonderful milestone day! it really goes too quickly at this time of year!!!

Old 09-25-2009, 07:55 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,609 Times in 4,412 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Friday morning, my Christmas friends!

Well, I've been working on it for 3 days, but I almost have all my grass cut. No, my yard isn't that big, but my mower has been giving me a lot of trouble. I think I can finish up tomorrow. I'm going to have to start saving for a new mower & weedeater.

October is almost here! I notice that since it's already Fall, some of my neighbors are putting out pumpkins & cornstalks...it's that time again!
I love the next few months!

I hope you all have a great day!
Old 09-25-2009, 07:57 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

UnchosenFragmnts has shown a merry dispositionUnchosenFragmnts has shown a merry disposition
The next month can't go too fast for me. I am so ready for someone else in my family to start feeling like I've been feeling since July LOL. To not get those half disgusted texts when my wife puts "just watched elf for the 17th time" on her facebook. October needs to roll by faaaaaaast. I really wish I could sleep through it. The only thing I would miss is It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
Old 09-25-2009, 08:17 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,452 Times in 1,973 Posts
brent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa envious
Good morning, everyone!

I had a post yesterday, but I signed out before I could hit send and it was subsequently deleted. Ahh well... Here we are for another milestone!! Yesterday was the unofficial 50 mark and now we are already 3/4 of the way until Christmas. This is fantastic!

As an early celebration, my girlfriend and I purchased tickets to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra on November 11th here in Ottawa at the Scotiabank Place (where the Senators play). We have been wanting to go for the past couple years but finally purchased tickets this year. We're sitting pretty much exactly where we want to sit (other than on the floor). It should be a magical experience. It's a couple days before we begin the Season, but I think it will be a nice interlude into the 2009 Christmas Season. We're both very excited for the show!

Nice and chilly in Ottawa today. A high of 59F but very sunny. The perfect Fall day. The crispness will certainly be in the air as the leaves start to turn. I will have to take pictures soon. I am going on another trip this weekend. I will be returning to southern Ontario - aside from Toronto - for the first time since 2006. We are going to London, Ontario for our annual Easterns tournament. It should be a great time. We're hoping to bring home a championship, but it will take a lot of hard work. Here's hoping everyone is willing to do it. It will be nice to see London again as I haven't been there since my final year of college. It seems only fitting to return at least once this year since I am in my final year of university.

Anyway, I hope that everyone has a fantastic Friday and a great weekend! I look forward to re-joining the count on Monday as we will only be nine days from our next milestone and nearly halfway through the 40s until the Season!

Have a safe and happy weekend, everyone!!
Old 09-25-2009, 08:30 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,135 Times in 26,516 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by HoosierChristmas View Post
3 months! I'm watching QVC right now! Today is going to be a good day!

I have had it on all morning. It is really getting me in the mood and now I want to start decorating.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:33 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,135 Times in 26,516 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by pinkini View Post
what a wonderful milestone day! it really goes too quickly at this time of year!!!

I agree that it is just flying by. It seems like just yesterday it was labor day and here we are almost in october. Next thing you know halloween will be here and then it really seems to fly by.