Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2009

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,974
Threads: 53,446
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,046)
Welcome to our newest member, CarrollMl
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Neiman Marcus Has Just...
By Jeff Westover
10-09-2012 04:00 PM
25,575 Views  0 Posts
Home Alone (Movie Review)
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:21 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
11-03-2013 06:28 PM
49,785 Views  2 Posts
Bells The Nativity: The Story...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:42 PM
81,105 Views  0 Posts
The Year Santa Was...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:33 PM
54,454 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Baby
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:01 PM
41,084 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-28-2009, 06:30 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,221 Times in 12,636 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star good morning?!

seems black Friday was really rough on a lot of people, here it is 8:30 in the morning and I'm the frist here!
Old 11-28-2009, 06:32 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,221 Times in 12,636 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Saturday morning, gingerbread in the oven, only 27 days to go, times a wasting,

WAKE UP EVERYONE!!

Last edited by Christmasstar; 11-28-2009 at 06:43 AM. Reason: wrong # of days to season....just in a rush to get there I guess!!
Old 11-28-2009, 06:37 AM
Official MMC Countmeister

Last Achievements

Thanked 24,075 Times in 2,770 Posts
Crown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
CHRISTMAS SEASON DAY # 16

Good Morning, Friends and post-Thanksgiving Christmas Anticipators!

I hope everyone's weekend is off to a great start and that all of you had a successful Black Friday.
But not to worry if you didn't - you still have a least a few more shopping opportunities!

Cold here in Raleigh at this hour where we stand at 42 degrees under sunny skies.
We should have a dry couple of days until rain returns on Monday.

Days to Christmas Day: 27
(Less than 4 weeks now! Get that shopping done and those cameras snapping. Help support your friendly local Christmas Blossosms thread!)

Have a Stupendous Saturday, Everyone!
Old 11-28-2009, 07:20 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 26,395 Times in 4,400 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Morning, MMC! Hope all is well and ready to enjoy a great Saturday.

What to do?

Online Christmas shopping? Going back and doing some real Christmas shopping? Add more lights to the house? Clean? Work?

Hmmmm.....I think online Christmas shopping will work! Then I think I will add more lights....and finally....we will go back and do more Christmas shopping today! Where does the rest come in?
The Following User Says Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
Iron Eagle (11-30-2009)
Old 11-28-2009, 07:57 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

frostrabbit has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
Saturday morning, gingerbread in the oven,
Sounds like a great way to start the day! Yum!
The Following User Says Thank You to frostrabbit For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (11-28-2009)
Old 11-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,453 Times in 1,973 Posts
brent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa envious
Good morning, everyone!!

Only three full days of November left before our favourite month of the year! The Christmas Season has taken over everything! It's hard pressed to find a TV commercial or anything that is not Christmas oriented now. I love it!!

It also appears that snow is taking over my forecast! Five of the next seven days have the chance of snow! I am really hope that the white stuff can stay on the ground from then until Christmas, too. Well, as long as it does not affect my bus traveling next Friday night or my trip to Green Bay on the Sunday-Tuesday, I will be all right.

Another busy day in the library. I need to buckle down on this essay and get at least three pages written today. This will leave me in good shape for the rest of the week as it should be completed by Tuesday, which would be absolutely perfect!! Kim and I are going Christmas shopping tonight! Well, since I am leaving early this year, we are going out for dinner and then shopping. It should be loads of fun!! We're both quite excited.

Anyway, I should definitely let you on your way. Day 16 already? Wow... Star, that gingerbread house must be delicious!!

Have a great Saturday everyone!!

"The bells, the bows and the flashing lights, the mistletoes and the 'Silent Nights. It's all for show, but that's all right. That's not why I love this time of year..."
The Following User Says Thank You to brent For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (11-28-2009)
Old 11-28-2009, 09:01 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

HoosierChristmas has disabled reputation
Thanksgiving was great! Yesterday we went to Chicago to look at the decorations and visit the Kris Kringle Market. When we got home we started decorating. We put up all the decorations we have stored in the house today we are getting the stuff down from the attic. Have a good day everyone!
Old 11-28-2009, 12:56 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,357 Times in 26,560 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have finally gotten up from sleeping all morning. We had a great thanksgiving and a okay balck friday. Mom got sick so she didn't go out but she gave me her list and money and I went with my aunt and sister. I started out alone at toys r us at 10:30pm on thursday night. I got there and an hour and a half before they opened and was the 121st person in line. It was about 28 degrees out and there was a constant wind of about 15mph which made it worse. I was smart and put on my thermal underwear before I went but I should have put on two pair of socks. By the time the store opened the line was wrapped around the shopping complex. I drove the route the line took when I left and it was 1/2 mile long. The store was a mad house when it opened but I managed to get everything my aunt and sister wanted. I only bought one gift while I was there. The main reason I went was for my aunt who didn't want to stay up that late. I waited in line for 2 1/2 hours to checkout and then it was back home to meet my aunt and sister to go everywhere else. We then went to Wal mart, Kmart, Target, Kohls, Meijer, Fashion Bug, Sears, Michaels, Big Lots, Menards, and Walgreens. I was buying energy drinks at every other store to keep me going since I had been up over 24 hours at that point. When we got back later at 3 yesterday afternoon my friend called and asked if I wanted to go to downtown Indy to the lighting of the tree. I told him I would so he picked me up and we headed to downtown with more energy drinks in my pockets. We parked and walked down to the circle and enjoyed the concert and the lighting. Then we went to the big mall and did some more shopping. By the time he dropped me off at home it was almost 2 o'clock in the morning. I had been up for 46 hours but was so hyped up on caffeine that I went ahead and decorated the christmas tree and finished the decorations in the kitchen. I finally went to bed about 5 and just got up about a hour ago. I had a fun time but I didn't get much shopping done for myself. So I am probally going to go out later today to do some more. I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Official MMC Countmeister

Last Achievements

Thanked 24,075 Times in 2,770 Posts
Crown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Wow!
No way I would have that much stamina.
(Actually, I don't think I ever did!)
Old 11-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,091 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
i've had a lovely day! went to our local village where the christmas tree was lit, the choir were singing carols and we had some mulled wine. it was very festive!

going to see a christmas carol next week and finish my christmas present shopping.

Despite my username, I am female!