Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas in America...
By MMC Editor
10-18-2011 01:41 AM
64,286 Views  0 Posts
present The Delicate Art of...
By MMC Editor
09-13-2011 12:12 AM
46,104 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Things Never to...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 03:54 PM
46,115 Views  0 Posts
How to Organize Your...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:53 PM
Last post by One Spoiled Brat
07-17-2011 06:48 PM
48,578 Views  2 Posts
Santa Speaks 2007
By MMC Editor
06-11-2007 11:13 PM
54,650 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
Country/Rustic Crafts

Has anyone made country/rustic ornament's and decoration's so that you can share the instruction's ?

No sewing please.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms_Speedy_Elf For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-02-2014)
Old 11-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Use pinecones you can add some string to make an ornament and also dust them with snow spray and even glitter.
Use barb wire to make different shapes such as stars, use twine to hang them on the tree.
Get some fabric and filler and cut material into stars, gingerbread shapes, candy canes, hearts etc...glue pieces together instead of sewing. Add craft wire to hang.
If you have any metal or tin you could make shapes with it, use a hammer and nail to make small holes for a patters around the shape of the ornaments.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Not sure if you or your husband use tools but this is another great idea. Take small tree logs (I guess about 4-6 inches high maybe 3-4 inches around. Drill out the top to add a tealight candle to it. On the outside of the log you can add/glue berries, greenery etc. I have one of these but it's in storage right now. When I get my stuff out...I will snap a pic. so you have a better idea of what I am talking about. They are really cute and rustic.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:50 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
One year my kids and I made a small tabletop Christmas tree completely from pinecones. We used hot glue to keep it together...it came out pretty neat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snowytree For This Useful Post:
Ms_Speedy_Elf (11-20-2008), snowflake22 (02-02-2014)
Old 11-20-2008, 06:59 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Thank you for the ornament idea's . Annette and Snowy Tree.

I welcome more.!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
snowflake22 (02-02-2014)
Old 11-20-2008, 07:01 AM
Santa Clausologist

VeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I'm not sure if this counts, but I have seen really nice, rustic looking tree ornaments made using about 5 or 6 cinnamon sticks tied right around the middle with gold ribbon and hung from the tree...easy peasy too!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VeryWelshXmasLover For This Useful Post:
Ms_Speedy_Elf (11-20-2008), snowflake22 (02-02-2014)
Old 11-20-2008, 07:03 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Sure ,that would count as being rustic. Thank you VWXL !

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
snowflake22 (02-02-2014)
Old 11-20-2008, 07:05 AM
Santa Clausologist

VeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
No problem-o!

Actually, I may just have a go at those cinnamon things this Christmas!
The Following User Says Thank You to VeryWelshXmasLover For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-02-2014)
Old 11-20-2008, 07:22 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by VeryWelshXmasLover View Post
I'm not sure if this counts, but I have seen really nice, rustic looking tree ornaments made using about 5 or 6 cinnamon sticks tied right around the middle with gold ribbon and hung from the tree...easy peasy too!
That sounds pretty! If you use real ones I bet it smells great too!
The Following User Says Thank You to snowytree For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-02-2014)
Old 11-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

pkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elf
I have a couple ideasfor ornaments:

First, use a large pine cone - spray a clear sealer on it. Turn it upside down and hot glue some rafia or moss to resemble a bird's nest. Glue a pretty bird(found at a craft store) in the middle of the nest, then fashion a loop of ribbon and glue on as a hanger. A bird's nest is said to be a symbol of good luck for the coming year.
Next - Using a cinnamon stick, turn it vertically, then glue on pieces of garland that are cut in gradient sizes ( the top piece 1 inch, the next piece 1 1/2 inch, the next 2 inches, the last piece 2 1/2 inches) These are the 'branches' and they are glued on horizontally. Make sure to glue them on leaving equal distance between them and leave a little of the stick showing on the bottom to resemble the trunk of the tree. I then use some gingham ribbon and make little bows and glue them on the middle of each 'branch' and finally glue a colorful button on the middle of each bow.

Make a loop of jute or yarn and glue on the back of the stick for the hanger. Oh and I also add a nice little wooden star to the top of each tree ornament.

If you need pictures, I'll pm them to you.
I also make some Santa cinnamon sticks - I can send a picture if you want - I don't think I can explain how to make them in an email.
snowflake22 (02-02-2014)