Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » Tell me a bit about your family...

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,225
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,420)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 12-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,095 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Tell me a bit about your family...

are you from a large family or a small one? how often do you see your cousins, aunts, uncles etc...

what family members do you spend christmas eve, christmas day and boxing day with?

Despite my username, I am female!

Old 12-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,501 Times in 1,766 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
In the words of Joan Armatrading - Me, Myself, I.

I was the only child of older parents (I was a hell of a shock to be honest!!) My mum and dad emigrated to Canada about 10 years before I was born. My dad had 2 brothers; one died just after my dad did (I was 12) and the other one is now 84, a retired minister and lives in Calgary. I have 2 female cousins thanks to him and my aunt. The whole family is a tad weird!!

My mum had one sister (they emigrated to South Africa), who produced 3 cousins and they are now spread in South Africa, Fort Lauderdale and Alice Springs. Both my mum and her sister have also passed.

I married young and had Bruce after 8 years of marriage. His dad turned out to be a bit of a ........git.........for want of a better word so we split up when Bruce was 18 months. I've now got another other half and everything is great

But, this generally makes family gatherings compact and bijoux!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Maureen - that biological family may be small - but your MyMerryChristmas family is quite huge! And loves you very much!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SparkleNana For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (12-28-2008), Maureen (12-29-2008)
Old 12-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
Words cannot express how badly I miss my precious family.
My dad is 78 years old and he and my mom adopted me when I was 5 years old.
My mom passed away a few years ago.
I have a wonderful husband and children though.
Pray with me that everything works out with our vehicle so we can make the 6 hour journey to be with my dad for New Year's Eve/Day. It would mean the world to all of us.
My vehicle isn't working properly. Thanks...

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
Old 12-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
To be honest, I don't know how many siblings I have (my dad is such a man *****). My brother is 4 years older than me and my dad had a child after my mom divorced him, don't know them. But growing up when we did have get togethers all the cousins, uncles and aunts and other extendeds were always around. My mom died 5 years ago (Jan 2) and my father lives in OK, my son lives with his dad in CA, so I don't get to see him as much as I would like to. All the relatives are spread out all over the US and some in the UK and Australia.
The hubby's family is in Minnesota, Cali, or Iowa. He is the youngest of 6 children and the only boy. But the rest of his family has so many kids, we would have to rent out a banquet room to hold them all.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:19 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,941 Times in 3,823 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
my family is of normal size I guess....

I knew all four of my grandparents....but the my grandpa (daddy´s side) died in 1985 of lung-cancer...so the memory is somewhat fishy....I know I loved him very much....on this side of the family...I had my grandmother until 1997....my aunty her husband....and my uncle....all of them kinda of alcoholics....not necessarily bad people...but the alcohol almost ruined all their lives...it´s better now...just that the husband of my aunty died of cancer in 1996....they had a son......my favorite cousin...we got contact again since last year....he wanted to come over for Christmas...but he had problems with his business.....some rascals scratched more than 12 cars he was trying to sell.....(estimated 8000Euros he lost thru that).....

we are really close with my mother´s side of the familyg ....both of my grandparents are still alive....grandpa turns 80 in May...grandma is a year younger....I love them so dearly...and visit them every Saturday...if not more.....my mom has a brother...who is married with a bossy wife.......but hey....each to his own....they have a son I was real close with....but he got a wife....and that wife is jealous of everything and everyone...he met her....and almost never talked to me again....so...we´re not close anymore....

then I have some family in the states....My grandma´s siter (mother´s side) got married to a G.I. in the 40s after World War II....and moved to Seattle....there she had two children......a son and a girl...the son has three children...the daughter 2 daughter....I met them all in 1999 and hope and pray that they will be able to visit with us too one day....and I can visit them again....money and being scared of flying is hindering me from that....

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 12-29-2008, 03:58 AM
Christmasologist

kerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I live by myself, never had a family of my own. I do have three sisters and one brother and both my parents are still alive. They all live close together, about an hour and a half from where I live.I prefer to keep my distance . We're not a very close family but we do spend Christmas day together. I am very close to my oldest sister though. My siblings all have families of their own and together they have eleven children who are now all grown up. There is even a grand-niece of almost two years old.

I have lots of aunts and uncles but only visit with a few. My father's sister is a nun and a very warm hearted and funny lady. I love to visit her. I just did yesterday. There are lots of cousins too, don't even know how many but we seldom see each other. Unfortunately mostly at funerals.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:09 AM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I'm the middle of three sons. Both of my brothers live in the Bay Area in California, although we grew up in Milwaukee. Right now I'm visiting my older brother's home for Christmas. Before they had children, they were more likely to come back to Milwaukee for Christmas, but now we fly out there. Poor things have no snow there, though!

Mom, a retired schoolteacher, is living. Dad, a physician, is not; I think of him a lot over the holidays.

For Thanksgiving my father's family gets together at the home of my uncle and his wife in Green Bay, Wisconsin, as we have for the last 36 years.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:35 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

golodenqiueenalicia has shown a merry dispositiongolodenqiueenalicia has shown a merry disposition
I have a kinda large family and extended family

Dh and I have a total of 7 kids between us (none together)
dh's first wife died of colon cancer 2 years before we met(we've now been married 13 years), her mom died this past summer her dad died a week before she did. Dh's mom and dad split on christmas eve when he was 11yrs old (he's now 62) and he never saw his dad again (both his parents have passed) he has 3 brothers and they all have children but we hardly ever see them

My parents moved from chicago to san antonio about 3 years ago (2 christmases) so now we fly out to see them a few days before christmas eve and fly home in the afternoon on christmas eve (we had no problems this year with either flight, except for landing in chicago, plane had a mechanical malfunction but everyone was okay) my older brother also lives in san antonio and I have a sister who lives in Houston so we see all of them when we go to texas(this brother and sister are both not married)

on christmas eve once back in chicago we drive to my stepson's house and see dh's 3 children with their spouses and their children (total of 5 grandkids 1 boy and 4 girls) dh's 1st wifes brother also comes with his 2 sons he's divorced from his wife. We never stay very long as its very uncomfortable there plus his grown kids are very mean to me and my children they resent his dad marring me (I am 20 years yonger than him) and they resent his spending time with my children (yongest still in high school)

On christmas day we stay home and I cook and my yonger brother and my other sister comes over with their family (brother just got engaged and sister is married with 3 kids)

all 4 of my grandparents have died they all lived in ohio. I still have 2 aunts living in ohio (both are widowed but one is now remarried) each had a total of 3 children so out of the 6 cousins only one was a girl (she now lives in canada with her husband and 1 child) out of the 5 male cousins 4 still live in the area 1 moved to north carolina 4 are married and have at least 1 child one is not married and one has 2 kids I try to take a driving trip out to ohio around thanksgiving everyyear (the weekend after) however this year we had horrible weather and I was unable to I also have an aunt who lives in tennessee (shes also a widow) she had 2 daughters much younger than I she was always my favorite aunt (we share the same birthday) but she's always been a little unstable and her eldest daughter is too so its hit or miss to talk to them (if you can even find them) but her younger daughter is very stable married and has a daughter and stepson now...we talk often but only see each other at family funerals or weddings.

my childrens real sperm donor is still living last I heard (we divorced he was abusive and alcoholic) he left town and I have never really tried to track him down (figured I could support the kids on my own and they were really better off without him in their lives) he came from a prostigous family in high society and we married young as I was pregnant and from a working class family so his family never approved of me or of our children (we had a total of 4) they never even met the kids and we were married for 11 years so we never see them however he had a multitude of cousins that i did see and we bonded (the kids and I) with one cousin and her family so we still see these people often about every 2-3 weeks all year sometimes i see some of the other cousins when visiting this family sometimes not, he also had brothers and sisters that we also never really met and I know at least one brother and one sister is dead now.

there is also a very close family friend that helped me watch my children while I worked when they were young that we are still in contact with and see them the day after christmas every year

so thats my kinda big family workings
Old 12-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
My husband and i both come from large families. I am the youngest of five children, all girls. I have 10 nieces and nephews, and 9 great nieces and nephews. The family has gotten too big for all of us to be together very often, but we do see eachother quite often during the year. My oldest sister has christmas day, but my husband and i choose to stay home and enjoy the holiday with his sons, (my step children). My husband comes from a family of six children. He is the second oldest. he also has many nieces and nephews, and the great nieces and nephews are adding up as well.