Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » I got to go home for New Year's Day!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,833
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 01-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
I got to go home for New Year's Day!

I just returned last night from a 5 day trip to Hot Springs, AR where my dad lives!
I've had the best time ever!
It looked like we weren't going to get to go but then God made a way where there simply was no way!!
We got to stay 5 days/4 nights! I got to see all my family except for one uncle who is dying of cancer.
But overall, we had the absolute best time ever!
I love my dad and family soooooo much!!
Nathan was very spoiled with gifts too!! hehehehe

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Faith4always For This Useful Post:
CharlestonNole (01-05-2009), Head Elf (01-05-2009), SparkleNana (01-05-2009)
Old 01-05-2009, 08:55 AM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
That;s great you got to see your family. How far does your dad live from you? And how long has it been since you got to see him last? I count my blessings that I live close to my family. It's gotta be tough I'm sure not being able to see them as often as you like. Glad to hear you had a nice time. =)
Old 01-05-2009, 09:25 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
Originally Posted by Annette1990 View Post
That;s great you got to see your family. How far does your dad live from you? And how long has it been since you got to see him last? I count my blessings that I live close to my family. It's gotta be tough I'm sure not being able to see them as often as you like. Glad to hear you had a nice time. =)
It takes us about 6-7 hours to drive from south Louisiana to Hot Springs, AR. I haven't seen my dad since February last year.

We had a wonderful, wonderful time!!

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
Old 01-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Faithmomof6 -- thank you for sharing your joy with us! What wonderful news!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:27 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,723 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I´m glad You were able to spend New Year´s Day with Your pops....seems like You had some great holidays!!! That´s very, very nice!

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 22,532 Times in 3,635 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I'm so glad you got to go & that you had a wonderful time! Awesome!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Santa Clausologist

VeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
It sounds like you had a brilliant time and really enjoyed yourself Glad that it was lovely x
The Following User Says Thank You to VeryWelshXmasLover For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Thank you so much for your warm replies!
I just find my mind wandering and wondering to next Christmas!
I want a good plan on gift buying through the year and WHERE to HIDE them from prying, curious, little eyes!!

But my dad is 78 years old and has some form, I think a mild form, of dementia. Alzhiemers has not been ruled out either. He forgets my little sister's name. He calls her "the girl with the long brown hair". That hurts.

I call my dad every, single day. I don't want him to forget me.

So, can you see why visiting him this holiday season was so important to me?

I'm praying and believing God for the best for his mind. He's always been a very smart man. And to see him like this...wow.

Anyway, he knows me and my kids. He and NayNay became best buddies! NayNay calls him "Papaw"! Papaw couldn't go anywhere without NayNay!! NayNay LOVES his Papaw!!

Anyway, I'm already excited about next Christmas! It's only going to get better with Nathan. He loved Christmas this year.

I had to take our tree/decorations down today while I had the chance. Nathan screamed at me!! He wasn't ready for it to be taken down at all!! It really made me feel good that he enjoyed his Christmas tree and the Holiday season!!

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
Old 01-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
Oh Linda, I'm so glad you got to go home and that Nathan had fun with his PawPaw. Christmas is a magical time and I'm so glad that you were blessed this year.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
Outstanding. I am glad y'all had a great time.

I am sorry to hear about your uncle. All the best and prayers for him and all of your family.