Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » May I just say.........

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Christmas Spider
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:55 PM
47,687 Views  0 Posts
Homemade Ornaments and...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 08:59 PM
36,039 Views  0 Posts
Frankincense
By MMC Editor
06-08-2011 05:45 PM
47,353 Views  0 Posts
The Connection Between...
By MMC Editor
10-21-2011 09:32 AM
56,738 Views  0 Posts
Sam's First Christmas
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:23 PM
48,388 Views  0 Posts

Old 01-22-2009, 06:45 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
I don't understand where this came from either... Courtney has a point about the respect issue.... You don't have to like the person, but if he has a title, you have to respect that title. Courtney, I hope you come back to us soon......

Maureen, this thread was not intended to bash anyone, especially our fellow members (family) or Mr. Obama. I know that it was intended to applaud what is happening in our country as well as the world. It is a good thread and it brought out some good discussion.... everyone has their point of view and somehow each took a piece of their oppion and foisted it upon everyone (me included). I hope my statements didn't hurt anyone or disrespect anyone.... If I did, then I apologize for being harsh and inconsiderate.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:51 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
what a shame. i swore i wouldnt post on this thread, let alone read the dam ned thing, but, now i have read it and now i am posting and maureen, i appreciate your original sentiment and i know it is a sentiment shared the world over and i thank you for it. however, you should have known that this lovely sentiment would deteriorate into hate and a giant pile of bs. and if my say counts for anything, lydio should have her intolerant patootie kicked so far off this bb she couldnt find her way back with the help of a star and a bunch of wise men.

"Elfworks is right." *Jeff Westover

HAVE SPATULA. WILL TRAVEL......
www.thyca.org
http://www.aace.com/public/awareness...kCheckCard.pdf

OH HAPPY DAY! THE END OF KAKISTOCRACY IS HERE!!

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elfworks For This Useful Post:
AuntieMistletoeDear (01-23-2009), HolidayHoney (01-22-2009), lmm8606 (01-22-2009), YellowSnow (02-04-2009)
Old 01-22-2009, 07:25 AM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
Race/racism will always be seen differently by both sides because it's experienced differently by both sides. Opinions will always be different. The only thing that we have to remember is to respect each other's opinions and remember that when it comes to something as multifaceted as race or politics, it's still what we believe, not necessarily what is right. I know that what I believe is what I believe. I feel that what I believe is what works best for me because of my background and how I was raised. Someone else who doesn't have my background or life's experiences will probably believe something different because that's the path their life took them down. I am passionate about certain issues, but there's no need to insult or demean anyone who believes something different. It's not all cut and dry. There are many sides to every political belief...from pro life to pro choice, from pro war to peace lovers, you can't define any belief in one sentence. There's almost always a reall good explanation behind why someone believes what they believe. We just have to choose to open our minds and turn off the tunnel vision.
AuntieMistletoeDear (01-23-2009), Head Elf (01-22-2009), Jeff Westover (01-22-2009), lmm8606 (01-22-2009), rodmonster (01-22-2009), trackrebel (01-22-2009)
Old 01-22-2009, 08:07 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
I knew this would turn ugly. It always does when it comes to politics and that's why I stay out of it (well except for now!) hee,hee! Sorry. Anyway, when people start to state their opinions there is always going to be someone else who believes otherwise. I don't agree with everything that people have said in this thread whether they are for Obama or not but, that's the way it goes. Not everybody will agree, it's impossible. There are times where someone will think something and I'll think how can they think that way and I'm sure that there are people who feel that way about things that I believe. It's gonna happen. Problem is that without knowing each other personally it makes it difficult to know what a person is like, how they are as a person or what all of their beliefs are. When things are typed they can be taken out of context because you don't know the tone of that person and how they intended what they wrote to mean. Sometimes what is written is just what it comes across as on paper (or in this case on the boards) and sometimes it's taken totally the wrong way from what the poster really meant to say. It's hard to have a conversation with a bunch of people that we only know through a screen name and possibly a few pictures in an online album and fully know who that person is and how they live their lives. The one thing that brought us all together is our love of Christmas! There are people that I am friends with who don't love Christmas the way that I do and while I get mad that they will try to hush me when I get excited about Christmas it's not enough for me to be rude to them. I know that there is more to them as a person than just someone who hates or atleast is not that fond of Christmas. There are people I know who supported Obama and there are people I know who supported McCain and that's ok. It can be difficult to understand why they support somebody that I don't at times but, I have to look past my own feelings and try to understand where they are coming from. There are people who only vote 1 way or another simply because they are either a dem or a republican and that's they way they vote no matter what the issues are. There are people who only voted for Obama because he is black and there are people who didn't vote for him because he is black. Those people make me mad because to me that is irresponsible voting. If you are going to vote for someone do it because you have researched them and their issues and the other person running as well and have made an informed decision. Don't vote one way or the other based on 1 thing and 1 thing only. I try to stay away from these threads because of the heated discussions that always get out of hand. I knew that this would go off the deep end at some point even though it was started with the best of intentions. It's just not possible to talk about politics or religion without it getting nasty from time to time. In order to keep this a nice board there needs to be respect for others feelings and beliefs. If you don't agree then you don't agree. There's nothing written that you have to agree with everyone on here but, there should be able to be discussions that don't drive people off of the boards. I'm sure I'll catch heat for my post as well but, hey that's life! There can be discussions and we can disagree but, let's keep in mind that we all have opinions and thoughts of our own and that what 1 person believes isn't more important or more right than what someone else believes. Let's have respect for each other and we can agree to disagree! I'm sorry for the long post and if I don't make any sense at times or if I jump from one topic to the next I'm sorry. But, that's me! I tend to ramble and get off topic from time to time and then I wrap it all up in the end! ha,ha! Sorry about this and if I post another lengthy post just know that it will probably be the same unorganized thoughts just like this post! Well, there I go again...Ramble, Ramble, Ramble! Peace to everyone!

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Santa's Helper For This Useful Post:
AuntieMistletoeDear (01-23-2009), Head Elf (01-22-2009), JanaBanana (01-22-2009), rodmonster (01-22-2009)
Old 01-22-2009, 08:08 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,887 Times in 2,408 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
MerryChristmasLydio was completely out of line with that. Disagreeing with anyone is fine but to personalize that rant towards another forum member is a clear violation of our rules. As a result, I've banned her.

This thread, as Head Elf points out, has been productive. I think it is important that we allow divergent views, just so long as we're respectful in doing it. Where that gets out of line, I will take swift and irreversible action.

Passions run high, and that's fine. Opinions are strong, and that's fine too.

But personal attacks are never appropriate. Courtney has been a vibrant addition to our group, a cheerful, contributing source on many levels and it is a crime to those of us who have enjoyed her presence to have her chased away through the mindless attack of a clearly immature and cruel individual.

This thread stays, Maureen. The premise was good, the responses have been good. And I find this kind of discussion very important even light of the fact that we have some individuals who can't handle it.

Jeff
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
Head Elf (01-22-2009), lmm8606 (01-22-2009), rodmonster (01-22-2009), SparkleNana (01-22-2009), YellowSnow (02-04-2009)
Old 01-22-2009, 08:33 AM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
Courtney has been a vibrant addition to our group, a cheerful, contributing source on many levels......
I wholeheartedly agree!

I hope she will reconsider and return......
Head Elf (01-22-2009), rodmonster (01-22-2009)
Old 01-22-2009, 08:40 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,887 Times in 2,408 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by ReineV View Post
Race/racism will always be seen differently by both sides because it's experienced differently by both sides. Opinions will always be different. The only thing that we have to remember is to respect each other's opinions and remember that when it comes to something as multifaceted as race or politics, it's still what we believe, not necessarily what is right. I know that what I believe is what I believe. I feel that what I believe is what works best for me because of my background and how I was raised. Someone else who doesn't have my background or life's experiences will probably believe something different because that's the path their life took them down. I am passionate about certain issues, but there's no need to insult or demean anyone who believes something different. It's not all cut and dry. There are many sides to every political belief...from pro life to pro choice, from pro war to peace lovers, you can't define any belief in one sentence. There's almost always a reall good explanation behind why someone believes what they believe. We just have to choose to open our minds and turn off the tunnel vision.
Very well said.

I think we all suffer from different forms of racism or discrimination. These days it isn't a comfortable thing to be Mormon. I'm learning that people in their ignorance and blind passion will break their own vows of never discriminating to discriminate in supporting their arguments on an issue. It is laughable and hurtful in ways I cannot articulate.

Using hate to convey or support an idea has never worked for anyone. Never.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
Head Elf (01-22-2009), MrsH (01-22-2009), rodmonster (01-22-2009)
Old 01-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
Using hate to convey or support an idea has never worked for anyone. Never.
I whole heartedly agree with you Jeff.
Head Elf (01-22-2009), rodmonster (01-22-2009)