Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Holidays Year Round All other major holidays are discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,847
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,200)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 02-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Sapsorrow has shown a merry dispositionSapsorrow has shown a merry disposition
I'm still not sure what we're going to eat for Easter dinner, but we did start our Easter baskets today! A half peck "bushel"basket for everyone in the house, the kind sold at Michaels with a wire and wood handle, which we're lining with bandanas. I couldn't resist a few treats from their $1 and "everything under $5" sections: some wooden animals, gardening things for my husband, and three cute stainless steel water bottles for myself and the girls. Oh, and a simple craft. So a good start!

Old 02-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,817 Times in 1,099 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
We are hosting Easter dinner for the first time in 6 years this year. We volunteered due to the fact my mother-in-law is having trouble with her feet.
I was wondering if anyone has some suggestions for side dishes, I am trying to change it up from the side dishes from Thanksgiving and/or Christmas.

We are doing a Ham and Turkey with the usual mashed potatoes green bean casserole homemade cranberry sauce so far.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thank you.
Im not sure what sides you have for Thanksgiving/Christmas? But what about potato egg salad? My Grandma makes the best! I try to do that and deviled eggs as well for Easter. I also make homemade mac & cheese!
The Following User Says Thank You to MsChristmas For This Useful Post:
xmas365 (02-14-2010)
Old 02-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Sapsorrow has shown a merry dispositionSapsorrow has shown a merry disposition
We've decided on our Easter menu! Before anyone laughs, we're a very casual family, somewhere between grungy academic and happy blue collar. Our Easter outfits are jeans and nice shirts, our daughters' Easter dresses are Land's End polo dresses. Perhaps that'll put our menu in perspective:

15" (or more depending on whether our larger pot will work for even boiling) diameter egg bagel sandwich. You make the giant bagel, slice it "lengthwise," and fill it up like a nice sub. It really is very festive.

Then there will be chips, deviled eggs, salads, lambic for the adults, elderflower soda for the kids, and a cake from our local baker (and friend), possibly a Japanese cheesecake to drench in berries and whipped cream.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sapsorrow For This Useful Post:
olga (02-12-2010)
Old 02-13-2010, 08:09 AM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

santashelperkobrin has shown a merry disposition
star Easter 2010

Im not sure what we are doing this year for Easter, Last year we went too church, but sence then our church had fallen and been put up for sale

We alway's do egg's with the kids they really injoy doing that, And of course they get a couple small gift's, We dont give them much candy sence they are so young yet.

Meal wise Im not sure, we have a nice turkey in the frezzer that we might just use and too have with Im not sure yet, Guess I better start plaining soon...Sence it is only a few weeks away =)

Ruth
Old 02-13-2010, 08:44 AM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,151 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
I can't wait to get my Easter stuff out now that V-day is almost over.I have been thinking about what the kids didn't get for Christmas,I might be able to add it to their Baskets for easter.Im thinking Ham Dinner,but not set in stone,hubby likes to change it last minute.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 02-13-2010, 05:02 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,495 Times in 9,284 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

On Good Friday I am always, always extremely sad and cry every year and without exception. I can't explain it, but on Easter Sunday I get this "happy, giddy" feeling inside because I know He is risen. It is not something that I concentrate on it is a feeling that just comes on its own. This may sound silly but I actually cry tears of joy on Easter at sunrise. My husband and I always make a special dinner but nothing too fancy as it is just us and our "furchildren."

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following User Says Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
olga (02-14-2010)
Old 03-21-2010, 10:47 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Jolly Old Elf Mary has shown a merry dispositionJolly Old Elf Mary has shown a merry dispositionJolly Old Elf Mary has shown a merry dispositionJolly Old Elf Mary has shown a merry disposition
Is everyone ready for Easter?

My house is decorated and I still have gifts to buy for three nephews and one niece. I plan to purchase these on Wednesday. I, also, need to find a dessert to make.

Two weeks to go!!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,459 Times in 328 Posts
MerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to others
I am planning an Easter Egg Huntfor my in-laws.. I know my son will be so excited! He is almosty 2.5 and LOVES eggs.. so should be good
Old 03-24-2010, 08:21 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,323 Times in 4,540 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I love Easter, although our family don't really celebrate like we do at Cmas! We usually cook out and get together, which is good, but I wish we did it bigger! I just don't think we (just speaking for my family) do that holiday right.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:10 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,817 Times in 1,099 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Im very ready for Easter! I actually was working on my 2 son's and my Hubby's basket this morning. We are doing some Easter baking this weekend and will have Easter Egg hunts this weekend and next weekend. We are also going to dye eggs next Saturday. Im so excited..my oldest son is 3 years old and I know he is going to have such a good time. On Easter day we go over my In Laws for a huge breakfast and my Grandma's for an early dinner!