Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Retro » Best Rapper / Rap Band from this bunch in the 80s

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,441
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
How Santa Does It
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:19 PM
46,440 Views  0 Posts
A Christmas When Life...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:23 PM
44,659 Views  0 Posts
The Christmas Tree
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:30 PM
63,318 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Questions for...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:08 PM
54,614 Views  0 Posts
The Bishop's Wife (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:05 PM
0 Posts
View Poll Results: Best Rapper / Rap Band from this bunch in the 80s
LL Cool J 4 21.05%
Kurtis Blow 0 0%
Run DMC 7 36.84%
Public Enemy 0 0%
Beastie Boys 5 26.32%
Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five 1 5.26%
DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince 2 10.53%
Whodini 0 0%
Slick Rick 0 0%
Doug E. Fresh 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,291 Times in 608 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
Best Rapper / Rap Band from this bunch in the 80s

Who do you think changed the face of Hip Hop / Rap the most from this bunch in the 80s
Old 02-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
Of course you have to go with the founding fathers of the rap game. They may have not been the first ever to spit a ryhme, but they helped make it a mainstream genre when they partnered up with Aerosmith. To this day, I can appreciate rap AND rock. Run DMC made the rap game without talking about how many people they shot, women they slept with or drugs they did and that, to me, is why they are awesome.
rodmonster (02-01-2009), Santa's Helper (02-01-2009)
Old 02-01-2009, 12:28 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,075 Times in 3,693 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I love DMC.....I love Kurtis Blow....I love the Furious Five....but for me it´s LL....he made the first Rap love song....always invented himself again....and he´s just so so sexy....

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
rodmonster (02-01-2009)
Old 02-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
LL
rodmonster (02-01-2009)
Old 02-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
My vote went to Run DMC! I think they were great and I loved them with Aerosmith. I like LL and the Beastie Boys as well but, I think that Run DMC were the best and like ReineV said, they didn't have to talk about shooting people or how many girls they did. I have to add an this though. I know it was in the 70's but, I didn't actually start listening to it until the 80's when my friend and I stole her brothers record....Sugar Hill Gang!!!

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
The Following User Says Thank You to Santa's Helper For This Useful Post:
rodmonster (02-01-2009)
Old 02-01-2009, 01:11 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,075 Times in 3,693 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I said a hip hop a hippy...a hiipy to the hip hip hop You don´t stop .....don´t really know what they are trying to say....but I liked it too....I prefer The Message by the Furious Five more tho....It´s Like A Jungle Sometimes It Keeps Me Wonder How I keep From Going Under....ha ha ha ha ha

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
rodmonster (02-01-2009), Santa's Helper (02-01-2009)
Old 02-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
DMC!!!! easy
The Following User Says Thank You to whychristmas For This Useful Post:
rodmonster (02-01-2009)
Old 02-02-2009, 01:03 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

ScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elf
I went with the Beastie boys

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

The Following User Says Thank You to ScottCalvin For This Useful Post:
rodmonster (02-02-2009)
Old 02-02-2009, 01:14 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
I said a hip hop a hippy...a hiipy to the hip hip hop You donīt stop .....donīt really know what they are trying to say....but I liked it too....I prefer The Message by the Furious Five more tho....Itīs Like A Jungle Sometimes It Keeps Me Wonder How I keep From Going Under....ha ha ha ha ha
Ha!Ha!! Rock it up baby bubbah
Baby bubbah to the boogie da bang bang da boogie
To the beat beat, it's so unique
Come on everybody and dance to the beat

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
The Following User Says Thank You to Santa's Helper For This Useful Post:
rodmonster (02-02-2009)
Old 02-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,470 Times in 911 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Again all great but I had to go with my favorite. LL Cool J!!!!!

I know growing up in my area the big ones were Beastie Boys, Run DMC and Fresh Prince.
The Following User Says Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
rodmonster (02-02-2009)