Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » 51 Days until Spring

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,227
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,420)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 01-29-2009, 02:11 AM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe

Photo by yeenoghu

I hate that season when all the snow has melted, but the trees are bare and everything looks dull and dirty.

Photo by Chuck Olsen

To me, this is beautiful.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:28 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,070 Times in 13,426 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star well, my reason is

that we started getting snow just before halloween, we have had storm, after storm since then. The only mild break was a few days between Christmas and new years. We have not had this much snow since the early seventies. It has also been very cold, seldom over 0c and many days where it has been under -10c and as low as -31c. We are getting more snow today.(my heating bill is becoming more than I can afford and I am sure I will be paying it off until next winter!)

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy winter, the beauty of it and the fun in the snow stuff, but........

Anyway, that was my rant for the day!
Have a great day all!!
I have the day off as it is a "professional development day" for the teachers and is also the end of first semester for the kids. So, since I have another cake to make, I will keep busy that way.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:24 AM

Last Achievements

Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star see how much snow we have..

and this was after some had gone down, at least now we can see the deer out for a walk!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:26 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Christmasstar, you are getting it a lot worse than most of us so I can see how you might get tired of it. Plus with the heating bill getting high I can understand! We always are told that there is a big storm coming and then when I wake up the next day...nothing! We look forward to it and then there's nothing there. So, when we finally do get some decent snow we like it but, then we get ice and that's not good. It's been cold for a long time though and I don't mind that cold but, I don't like it when it's so cold that my nose hairs freeze when I breathe!!! That's too cold for me!

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 01-29-2009, 07:28 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I do like the winter...but I do also love the Spring. As soon as March comes Im ready to start planting and playing in dirt Unforunately here in the SE the winter seems to make a fierce comeback in March thereby killing everything that you have planted..so it's best to wait until end of April or so!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:31 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Originally Posted by snowytree View Post
I do like the winter...but I do also love the Spring. As soon as March comes Im ready to start planting and playing in dirt Unforunately here in the SE the winter seems to make a fierce comeback in March thereby killing everything that you have planted..so it's best to wait until end of April or so!
Yeah, I'm pretty much over the winter thing by March too. It's an annoying time because you get nice, warm days and then it's bitter cold again with snow. You think that you're completely out of winter and headed for spring weather and then it comes back. I have to wait until may to plant stuff here because we can still get frost and cold temps. into April and even May sometimes can be too cold for the flowers to withstand.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 01-29-2009, 08:35 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,518 Times in 922 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
SPRING!!!! I am not ready for Spring yet....we have not had enough snow yet this year. So far we have only had around 3 inches TOTAL this winter....... I want a good big snowstorm so we take the kids out and play and then spring can come.....LOL!

I enjoy spring, not crazy bout the summer (would rather skip the heat and humidity) and LOVE the FALL.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:42 AM

Last Achievements

star I'll send you one of ours!

apparently we have another blast of winter on the way, but I am will to be gracious and share.....
Originally Posted by Minta View Post
SPRING!!!! I am not ready for Spring yet....we have not had enough snow yet this year. So far we have only had around 3 inches TOTAL this winter....... I want a good big snowstorm so we take the kids out and play and then spring can come.....LOL!

I enjoy spring, not crazy bout the summer (would rather skip the heat and humidity) and LOVE the FALL.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:08 AM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
We have not had much of a winter either. I am not complaining thou. I will be more than happy for Spring to arrive.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:45 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
I can't wait for spring. it's such a nice time of the year, when the flowers and trees are blooming, it's lighter out longer. Best of all, it's no longer winter. Living in CT my entire life, I'm used to four seasons, but this winter has been a very rough one.