Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » My Brother Got a Job!!! Yeah!!!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Tree Decorating with Wreaths
By JeanetteDi
10-26-2011 04:05 PM
78,791 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2002
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 10:57 PM
35,620 Views  0 Posts
The Battle Over Jingle...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:59 PM
49,667 Views  0 Posts
“Santa’s Surprise Party”...
By MerryCarey
05-21-2012 11:15 AM
62,978 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Defined
By MMC Editor
05-01-2002 10:19 PM
Last post by JeanetteDi
09-20-2011 08:20 AM
59,094 Views  1 Posts

Old 03-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
I´m happy for Your brother....it´s a great relief for him and You are right...e.ven tho tha pay might not be huge....it´s better than nothing...and he will be able to apply for other jobs maybe...and find another (better paid) job....without the pressure of needing it.
Thank you all! I told him the same thing. I said that it might not be great but, it's a paycheck and benefits. It's easier to look for a better job when you actually have a job so that you aren't so desperate to take anything that you are offered. He's hoping to get a state inspectors job because he's already passed the test and is on the list for several counties here in Pennsylvania. If he gets the inspectors job he'll be visiting places like where he's worked before and checking to see that they are doing everything right and that everything checks out in the facility. He really wants that job but, there are people ahead of him on the list so who knows if that job will ever become available. But, this is a good start for 2009 for him. His attitude has changed and his mood has been lifted. I have to say though that when he was going on all of these interviews he didn't feel too good about himself or the job he was interviewing for and he didn't get any of them. Not even the ones that he was over qualified for. I don't know if that was a reason or not but, I think it was because his lack of self confidence and his uneasy feeling about the job showed through in his interview and he put out a bad vibe. With this job that he got, he said going into the 1st interview that he had a good feeling about it. Then he got a 2nd interview and that made him feel even more confident because he never got a 2nd interview from the other ones. After his 2nd interview he still had a good feeling and I think that he was more relaxed, more himself and that his confidence in himself showed in his interview and they liked that. That's why he got the job. He went on all of those other interviews and was more than qualified for each of the jobs but, I think the way he was feeling hindered him from getting them. I can't wait for him to start this job and get back on track. His new position is a Case Manager of some sort and I think he's working with drug and alcohol inmates because he has to go to the jail and to other places around Pittsburgh that deal with drug and alcohol dependency. I guess part of his job is to make sure that they have everything they need to be released like clothes, shoes, etc. I don't know what else he'll be doing so, I can't wait to find out.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 03-03-2009, 07:52 AM
Christmasologist

kerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Well done ! Glad to hear some good news on the employment side of life !
Santa's Helper (03-03-2009)
Old 03-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,676 Times in 881 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
Great news! You sound like a very caring sister!
The Following User Says Thank You to momnan30 For This Useful Post:
Santa's Helper (03-03-2009)
Old 03-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Originally Posted by momnan30 View Post
Great news! You sound like a very caring sister!
Thank you. My brother and I are very close. My mom didn't even know that he was laid off all this time but, I did. I kept his secret for him because he didn't want her to worry about him and harp on him about finding a job. He looked and interviewed and tested, etc. So, I know he was looking. It's not like he didn't want to find a job but, my mom would be on his back every day, I know it and it would put a strain on their relationship. She means well but, she just doesn't know when to step back and let him be. He doesn't function well when she nags at him so we kept it a secret from her. Now that he's found a new job he told her that he hated his old job and needed a change of pace. It's really not a lie about hating his old job. There were so many things that he didn't like about that place and ethics was one of them. He tried to do his job but, his boss wouldn't let him do it the way he needed to and so he got axed. He was only working there for 6 weeks at the time and for most of that time he was under doctor's orders to not return to work because he was so sick. He worked with the elderly and the doctor didn't think he should be around them in his condition and I think his boss held that against him. My mom doesn't need to know that though because she'd end up calling his old boss and telling him what she thought of him! Anyway, I am very relieved for him and glad that I don't have to lie to my mom anymore. I'll feel better once he gets his probation period out of the way with this new job. Getting that far is the 1st step to keeping the job long term. I told him things would get better and to just have faith but, I know it's hard to have faith when you are down on your luck. Hopefully now he'll see that even when things look to be at their worst and he thinks that he'll never see the light at the end of the tunnel that things can change in the blink of an eye and eventually the dark cloud will lift and the sun will shine again.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by kerst View Post
Well done ! Glad to hear some good news on the employment side of life !
Thanks, I know things are so bad everywhere that getting a job can seem like the impossible dream.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,467 Times in 910 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
That's great. I hope all works out well for him.
The Following User Says Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
Santa's Helper (03-04-2009)