Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Official World Cup 2010 thread...Soccer

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,832
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 03-28-2009, 01:28 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,722 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Official World Cup 2010 thread...Soccer

I thought it might be of interest to many...we got lots of Brits over here....Soccer crazy...many other Europeans...in general Soccer crazy....and with the female US Soccer Team being one of the best in the world and the menīs soccer regularly qualifying for the Worlds....I thought I open this thread.

The Soccer World Championship will be held in South Africa in 2010.....qualifiers are going on tonight....

Germany is playing Liechtenstein today....leading 2:0 already....Liechtenstein is one of the weakest teams around...such a small city-country...almost no citizens.....right now I think we are leading in our qualifying group...with Russia being second.

How are Your teams doing? To my knowledge England is doing quite well right now....my fianceīs team Cameroon had a set back yesterday, since they lost 0:1...but hey...there are still some games ahead and I canīt wait for the Cup to start....flags everywhere, people on the Streets, celebrating, having public viewings (our term for watching Sports games on huge screens....been very huge in Germany at the World Cup in 2006)....Itīs just mighty fun.......so how are Your teams doing? Who are Your favorite players? What is Your guess for the favorites of the Championships?

My team is Germany
my favorite German Players are Bastian Schweinsteiger and Lukas Podolski...and Ballackīs free kicks are good...sometimes..
the favorites? the usual ones I think...of course only if they qualify...England, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Spain and even tho our game ainīt the fanciest (even tho improved since Klinsmann coached the national team) most countries always have us as one of the favorites...with good reason...seem to be a Championship Team...World Cup Final 2002, 3rd at the World Cup in 2006 and runner up at least yearīs European Championships

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 03-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,467 Times in 1,753 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Quelle surprise - we lost; again!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
Ah yes, I can't wait.

I watched the 2006 WC at work online. It was great...enjoyed Germany's great run through the tournament. They were a great host.

Italy and France final was a classic with the head butt seen around the world.

I hope 2010 lives up to '06.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:54 PM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Official ?
Old 03-29-2009, 12:46 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I just wrote official in it....so there´s no other one coming up...haha

Old 03-29-2009, 12:49 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by CharlestonNole View Post
Ah yes, I can't wait.

I watched the 2006 WC at work online. It was great...enjoyed Germany's great run through the tournament. They were a great host.

Italy and France final was a classic with the head butt seen around the world.

I hope 2010 lives up to '06.
Yeah, the France Italy final was cool...but mostly because of the tension...and because they were two great teams on the paper...I donīt think it lived up to the hype....with the exception of the headbutt....too bad Zidane went down to that level...but I sure enjoyed the game on the net that appeared afterwards.....

From the soccer craziness 2010 will surely live up to 2006....South Africans are crazy about Soccer and the enthusiasm will be great...I guess the security will be good, too...the world is watching...there have been stampedes before in African stadiums...but itīs getting better and I think this World Championship will be great....the first time in Africa...of course they gave it to South mAfrica then....I hope my manīs team Cameroon will make it again and that Germany will play the Lions of Cameroon then in the Final....haha...no matter how...we will celebrate...

Old 03-29-2009, 04:25 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,121 Times in 1,061 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
Quelle surprise - we lost; again!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-29-2009, 08:58 AM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,303 Times in 610 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
?

Whats this sockir thing you speak of....?

hehehhehe

sorry - couldn't resist....
=)
Old 03-29-2009, 11:41 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

that´s alright....most of the Europeans don´t get the Football thing either....especially cos that egg is mostly in the hands...so why call it football.....

anyway...I love both sports....pretty much every sport...sometimes I think I was meant to be a guy when it comes to my interessts...haha...

Old 04-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

ryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elf
Well we (Wales) aint gona be there for a change - aint qualified for a major tournement since the 50s!!!

But being honest i dont really follow the national team, but thats another story.

My team is the mighty Jack Army -SWANSEA CITY FC!!!!!!!
Cheers
J