Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,130
Threads: 54,243
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,651)
Welcome to our newest member, hewlieje

Old 09-06-2006, 08:08 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

MarthaK has shown a merry dispositionMarthaK has shown a merry disposition
Christmas oddities

There has been some talk on other threads about unique family Christmas traditions, but mostly it has been limited to the topics of food and stockings.
So, in general, are there any unique things you do around Christmas that may or may not fit those other threads?

My favorite Christmas weirdness is eating Chinese take-out on Christmas Eve. It's an easy meal on a night when there is so much going on with wrapping and visiting and pie baking. Some do pizza, but I've found that too heavy on the night before the festival of food my family enjoys.

Another tradition is Nissu, a braided Finnish bread. I make it every year...Ahhhh the smell of Cardamom!

I like to take my dogs out looking at Christmas lights. I take pictures of the neat houses and leave a Christmas card thanking them for the display.

Old 09-06-2006, 08:26 AM
MMC Musicmaster & Programming Director of Merry Christmas Radio

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,678 Times in 564 Posts
JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
"Deck the halls with boughs of horry, farararararararara..."
Old 09-20-2006, 09:45 PM
Ervserver

I could do pizza ANY day of the year...once I was at a friend's for Christmas and they had lunch meat sandwiches and chips. I thought that was a little odd but I guess they like to keep it simple
Old 01-27-2010, 07:43 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,210 Times in 15,269 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by JayIsh View Post
"Deck the halls with boughs of horry, farararararararara..."

lol thats great i love that part of the movie