Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,657)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Ryan's Prayer
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:44 PM
54,501 Views  0 Posts
Elf (Movie Review)
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:23 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
11-18-2013 07:29 AM
61,247 Views  3 Posts
stocking Thanksgiving Activities...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:52 PM
62,972 Views  0 Posts
The Story of Black Peter
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:49 PM
Last post by Angioni
09-16-2012 09:19 AM
1 Posts
My Little Lie
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:07 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
12-23-2013 02:24 PM
8 Posts

Old 05-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

jack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elf
How do you decorate?

Hi All

Im looking for inspiration.

I usually use red, gold and green and like it quite traditional but I like really cool calm neutral colours etc - most my house is painted white/magnolia

so basically i was wondering how or what themes people decorate with - im hoping to have refreshed paint in my flat by then and we have wooden floors so im thinking a cream, gold and brass decorating scheme would be nice.
The Following User Says Thank You to jack_skellington_fan For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-13-2014)
Old 05-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Last Achievements

sdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elf
We don't do themes. Maybe someday when we have room for multiple trees. I'd love to have more glass ornaments, but we have too many little hands around the house.

Right now we use colored icicle lights on the roof with lights outlining the front windows and a wreath and 4 lit candy canes in the windows. Inside we have the tree, my wife's village and snowman collection, and either a lighted garland or some other swag over the inset TV area.

I'd love to do some other things. Perhaps when we get a house of our own.

"In all this world there is nothing so beautiful as a happy child." - Santa Claus, The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
The Following User Says Thank You to sdkluger For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-13-2014)
Old 05-31-2009, 11:01 AM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,149 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Since the kids are young,I love to decorate in a candy theme gumdrops,cookies,gingerbread boys and girls,peppermints,lolly pops,cand canes,etc..

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
The Following User Says Thank You to Mumof2 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-13-2014)
Old 05-31-2009, 11:43 AM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,787 Times in 1,618 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
Last year, my son was only 10 months and was a pretty new walker, so we did a small tree on a table with all red and gold ornaments.. it looked really nice! Our ornaments are basically just a hodgepodge of things from the years, which I really like. I do different window "themes" every year, but I try to keep it pretty traditional.. I like antiques, so I hunt for cool stuff at yard sales and thrift stores!
The Following User Says Thank You to judesmama For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-13-2014)
Old 05-31-2009, 11:44 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,037 Times in 26,497 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have never really used a theme for my tree before but after christmas last year I got alot of rustic ornaments so that is my theme this year. The rest of my apartment is decorated with santas. I have about seventy different santas that get set out everywhere. My woodland santas and old world ones will go in the living room and dining room with my tree and the traditional ones will go on top of the cabinets in the kitchen and the bathroom. I have never really decorated my bedroom but this year I may do that. Red, green, and gold our my normal decorating colors for my apartment so my christmas stuff just kinds of blends right in.
The Following User Says Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-13-2014)
Old 05-31-2009, 12:26 PM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
We dont really have much of a theme either. Growing up.. my Parents always put up 2 trees. One in our family room and one in our living room. The living room was much more fancy and the tree was always smaller with white lights..all of the ornaments were ornaments that my brother and I had given each other over the years and breakable ornaments also...then the family room tree was always a lot bigger and fuller with colored lights... there really was no theme for the ornaments but all of the other ornaments my parents accumlated over the years went on that one. Last Christmas (since I have my own house now) we bought a 2nd tree for our house..the first few Christmas's out on my own we had just one tree on the main level. I put up my big tree on the main level with colored lights and the downstairs smaller tree is prelit with white lights. The downstairs tree has only gold and red round nonbreakable ornaments (I have a 2 year old)...the upstairs tree has silver and blue round ball unbreakable ornaments but also other non breakable that I have started to accumlate...mainly disney, new baby,wedding, but again not much of a theme! Gosh just thinking about it makes me want to start decorating

The Following User Says Thank You to MsChristmas For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-13-2014)
Old 05-31-2009, 02:50 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,045 Times in 3,684 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I put colored lights on the windows and decorate the living room with mostly green and red stuff...and a little golden, too...We got no theme...just do what kinda looks nice

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-13-2014)
Old 06-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,369 Times in 9,026 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I don't have a theme. I have a tree full of memories with all kinds of different ornaments I have been collecting since I was a child. I tried to do a themed tree one year but was missing my tree full of memories. The very next year I went back to my Christmas Tree filled with my favorite things I have collected over the years.
That is the same for the whole house. I love collecting Santa's and have a lot of them as well.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-13-2014)