Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Food > Recipes » Giant Ginger Cookies

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 53,976
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,477)
Welcome to our newest member, TAlbritto

Old 05-31-2009, 06:33 PM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
Giant Ginger Cookies

Giant Ginger Cookies

Yield 24 cookies

Preheat oven to 350F

4 C all-purpose flour
4 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
tsp salt
1 C shortening
2 C sugar
2 eggs
C molasses
C coarse sugar

1. In a medium bowl stir together flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat shortening with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Add the 2 C of sugar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and molasses until combined. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour mixture.
2. Shape dough into 2-inch balls using a -cup measure or scoop. Roll balls in the c sugar. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake in a 350 oven for 11 to 13 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned and tops are puffed (do not overbake). Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
Minta (06-02-2009)

Old 06-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,510 Times in 920 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Sounds Good!!! May have to try this one this summer.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

One Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnog
This does sound good...Thanks.....