Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Food > Recipes » Stuffed french bread

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,834
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 06-01-2009, 08:32 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,509 Times in 920 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Stuffed french bread

Stuffed French Bread

1 loaf of French or Italian Bread
1 lb bulk sausage
sweet onion
4 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
Salt & pepper to taste
tsp Garlic powder

Ground sausage and onion, drain.
Beat eggs, add milk, salt, pepper garlic powder. Mix well.

Cut the loaf of bread length wise about down from the down from the top. Hallow out the bottom part of the loaf. Be careful not to take out to much from the bottom. Take a cookie sheet the same length of the bread and place a couple sheets of foil down over it. Spray foil with non-stick spray. Place the bread in the center of the foil. Sprinkle cup cheese in the bottom of the bread and then spread the sausage and onion mixture over the cheese. Make sure it is spread out evenly in the bread. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and top with the remaining cheese. Place the top of the bread back on and wrap it in the foil. Place in the refrigerator over night.

Next morning bake at 375 degrees for 35 40 minutes.
Remove from oven and open foil. Let sit for 10 minutes and then cut into slices.

**Mushrooms and greens peppers optional
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
Annette1990 (06-16-2009), Holiday (07-20-2009), HolidayHoney (06-01-2009), momnan30 (06-02-2009), MsChristmas (06-01-2009), Seawaters (06-02-2009)
Old 06-01-2009, 08:37 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

HolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnog
Thanks Minta, now I'm hungry!!
Old 06-01-2009, 09:11 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
LOL!!!! Sorry HolidayHoney. If it makes you feel better I made my self hungry typing this up. LOL!

This is one of our favorites. I usually make this Thanksgiving morning and/or the weekend we decorate outside.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,817 Times in 1,099 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
That does sound really good. My Hubby would love this recipe! Thanks
Old 06-01-2009, 05:14 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,151 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
MMM anything with sausage,peppers,onions and mushrooms gets my attention!Reminds me of a Fenway Sausage,Minus the eggs..Sounds great,thanks for sharing!

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 06-02-2009, 11:27 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,146 Times in 28,857 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Will defintely be trying this one
Old 06-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,069 Times in 277 Posts
Laney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Mmm...that does sound tasty! Something nice and warm for a fall evening. I'll be saving this one!
Old 06-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

christmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elf
that does sound good.question does it matter wut kind of onion u use if it has to be sweet and any kind of saguage??
Old 06-03-2009, 07:18 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by christmas87 View Post
that does sound good.question does it matter wut kind of onion u use if it has to be sweet and any kind of saguage??

Nope you can use any kind of onion or sausage just as long the sausage is in bulk form. I have made it with turkey sauage too and it was just as good.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

christmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elf
and sorry just another question does the bread have to get put in the frigde overnight?? like wut does it do to the bread.