Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Swine Flu: How bad is it in your area?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,840
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 06-21-2009, 02:50 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,931 Times in 2,417 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Here in Utah we've got more than 1200 cases, 8 people have died -- and those are just the confirned cases. I was diagnosed over the phone and was locked down for more than a week. In my neighborhood, there are now more than 50 people down with symptoms and it is spreading like wildfire.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
Here in Utah we've got more than 1200 cases, 8 people have died -- and those are just the confirned cases. I was diagnosed over the phone and was locked down for more than a week. In my neighborhood, there are now more than 50 people down with symptoms and it is spreading like wildfire.
Jeff I'm so glad to hear you're OK. As of yesterday, here in Georgia, we've only had 51 cases and no deaths, thank God. Like I said before, most of the cases were kids who were in the same camps or schools, none of which are in my immediate area.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,123 Times in 1,062 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
Think there is only 6 or 7 cases of it in Ireland but none near me
Old 06-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I know many people will find this crazy, but I don't buy into the hype. A year from now people will look back at this and wonder why everybody was going crazy.

About 36,000 Americans die of the regular Flu a year, also 200,000 people are Hospitalized (according to the CDC. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/disease.htm )
Old 06-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
Bless your heart Jeff! Hope you're feeling better.
I'm so sorry you've had to deal with that.
As far as Louisiana, I haven't heard anything about swine flu in several weeks news-wise.
I thought it was over.
I honestly didn't realize there were others still battling this.
Praying for you to feel better expeditiously!!

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
Old 06-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Chillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elf
candle

I seem to find anyone with in my county other than one person that has contracted Swine Flu.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:24 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Billy Battles View Post
I know many people will find this crazy, but I don't buy into the hype. A year from now people will look back at this and wonder why everybody was going crazy.

About 36,000 Americans die of the regular Flu a year, also 200,000 people are Hospitalized (according to the CDC. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/disease.htm )
You're right about this.

I think the media has been very irresponsible in communicating what this is and what it is not. Swine Flu isn't worse than the regular flu. In fact, the symptoms are all the same.

The problem is that they have attached urgency to this that has inflated it's perception of danger and severity. It's not a killer flu. It is a pain for healthy folks and a big danger for those with existing health issues.

But it is EASILY caught. And people who get the dumb thing HAVE to stay home, out of circulation and do their level best not to spread the thing. Instead, people go out, they work, they treat it as nothing because it is mild. And that's the wrong thing to do because it puts the weaker amongst us at unnecessary risk.

If you are sick, STAY HOME and GET BETTER.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:37 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,157 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
I havent heard of many cases in wales....
Old 06-22-2009, 06:13 AM
Christmasologist

kerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I didn't realize it was that bad in the US. In Belgium there are only 28 cases and no deaths. Most people don't even need to be hospitalized, just "locked" into their homes.

Take good care of yourself Jeff, and try not to infect all your kids !!
Old 06-22-2009, 06:59 AM

Last Achievements

Oh, we've all had it and we're all done. We spent a whole week together isolated from the world and actually live to tell the tale. (Now the big question we have: can we get it again???)