Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » There's no answer............

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,470
Top Poster: xmas365 (151,038)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
What do elves get paid?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:58 PM
48,791 Views  0 Posts
If Only She Hadn't Winked
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:18 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
12-01-2013 05:36 PM
57,315 Views  1 Posts
The Scientific Theory of...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:36 PM
50,673 Views  0 Posts
How to Make Craft...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:04 PM
44,129 Views  0 Posts
The Summer Creation of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:05 PM
44,401 Views  0 Posts

Old 06-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,411 Times in 1,737 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
There's no answer............

The age old question is Why?? Why this person, why not that person, why pick this one who has so much to give and live for, why not that person who, for whatever reason, the world can do without.

The 39 year old firefighter husband of a friend of mine has just gone to his final resting place tonight after being diagnosed with a brain tumour 2 years ago. He and Lizz have 2 sons, aged 14 and 10.

I'm never going to understand the "Great Plan" - I truly don't see why a young family is now fatherless and husbandless. Nobody can explain it to me clearly as it doesn't make any sense.

Sorry - I don't normally wallow but I'm sad, upset and not just a little angry and there's not a d*mn thing that can be done about it.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
There is a time to mourn and that's ok. I understand your feelings.

Remember God's word says it rains on the just and unjust. We live in a world that's full of sin and we are constantly in spiritual battles. We don't know what takes place between a person and God in their private moments so all we can do is trust God's word and pray for the peace that surpasses all understanding.

May God's peace surround and fill you and the families during this trail.

(((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
Old 06-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,362 Times in 12,655 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

So sorry to hear of your friends loss. Never easy to loose a loved one no matter what the age.
There is no one who can give an answer as to why, it will never make sense. We can all give pat answers, but that does nothing to ease the pain.
All we can do is cry with you.
(((hugs)))
Old 06-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,071 Times in 657 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
I am so sorry. {{{{hugs}}}}

Old 06-24-2009, 11:05 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
I wonder the same thing sometime. PrimChristmas at ChristmasTalk and here on MMC lost her forty year old husband and father of her younger than teenage children just a couple of weeks ago. My heart is really heavy at these and other untimely passings.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:19 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,891 Times in 2,409 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Strange how we sometimes live in parallel worlds. I have two friends this past week who were diagnosed with cancer. One is my age, and experiencing a serious health crisis for the first time. The other is going through the nightmare again, nine years after having gone through it the first time. Her condition is grave.

But from her, of all people, we are finding some solace. Many claimed that after her first go-around with cancer that she was a changed woman-- more light hearted, more compassionate, more "centered" on what was important rather than what was urgent. I only got to know her after that experience. She has always been a bright light and I've seen her in many different settings.

In discussing her situation and the senselessness of it she told me, "Without this experience, I'd never know some things. And now I know."

It might seem crass. To some, these injustices are cruel. But SHE doesn't see it that way. And little by little, I'm learning to see it differently too.

A loving God isn't necessarily responsible for these things that just happen. A loving God provides ways for us to see the wisdom, experience, knowledge and love that cause us to grow closer to Him.

How does that song from Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang go?...."From the ashes of disaster, grow the roses..."
Old 06-25-2009, 12:54 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

SW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoe

Maureen.....There's no way to explain it. No words to make sense of it. None of us can. The best that any of us can do is to try to move on as best as possible.

We can grieve and never forget the ones who leave us behind. I have asked that very same question myself, why?

Like many of us, we have lost friends and family at such an early age. As much as I dislike the word "unfair", it's unfair that some have to die at such a young age.

I remember the phrase, "Only the good die young." If that's true, then what does that say about the rest of us who get older?

I am sorry for the loss of your friend. All the best.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:48 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,470 Times in 911 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
I am sorry and yes that does suck! Feel free to vent away....that is what friends are for.....{{{{HUGS}}}}
Old 06-25-2009, 09:36 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,147 Times in 3,699 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Mo...Iīm so sorry....I remember You told me on a pm about this dear friend of Yours....my prayers go out to to his family and all his close friends (incl. You) that You find the strenght to overcome to this terrible loss. My heart goes out to his wife and those two young children....(......u know I donīt really kmnow what to write...if You need to talk just write a pm ....

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 06-25-2009, 09:53 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 145,293 Times in 26,723 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We will never know why but I have always looked at from the point that they have completed what they were sent here to do and now they are going home to be rewarded. It is hard to accept and hard to get over but we just have to trust that there is a plan and that god knows what he is doing. Prayers go out to you and his family and friends.