Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Newswire Christmas Newswire.comBringing you news and headlines about Christmas from news sources around the web and from sites of the Merry Network, presented by Christmas Newswire. Members also use this area to share links to local Christmas news and events. Christmas is a year round newsmaker.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,863
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,433)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 07-09-2009, 03:10 PM
MMC Newshound

Thanked 1,556 Times in 1,078 Posts
ElfBot has disabled reputation
Making Merry without Money

Tough times call for creative measures. Here are some tips for budgeting your Christmas.

More from My Merry Christmas...

Old 07-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,283 Times in 9,489 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Great article! This is the way I shop for Christmas. I am creative with my gifts. I take something simple and inexpensive and make it nice. I never thought it was necessary for people to feel pressured to spend a lot of money on everybody. Christmas can be the best time of the year, even on a budget. It's all about getting together and having fun!

Old 07-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,390 Times in 5,940 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
It may be time to go back to the Spug philosophy of 1911. The Spugs were members of the Society for the Prevention of Useless Giving (later the Society for the Promotion of Useful Giving). They believed in giving only to people you truly liked and esteemed, and cutting out the little useless knickknacks given to people you "had to" give to. They made quite a splash in 1911 - 1912, but seemed to peter out after that.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,329 Times in 13,288 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

Thanks, good article. I shop all year round for Christmas because that is the best way to get deals. I often find items marked way below the regular price. Getting creative with the packaging is fun too.