Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations > Lights & Decorations » What is your favorite thing to collect for Christmas?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,842
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 09-14-2009, 07:30 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

almcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry disposition
I collect Angels but that is a year round thing because I'm a believer in Angels. I suppose the nearest to a Christmas collection I have is all my Disney Christmas ornaments from Disneyland Paris. I pick some up every time I go!
The Following User Says Thank You to almcg For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-06-2014)
Old 09-14-2009, 08:25 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Ryan4Christmas has shown a merry dispositionRyan4Christmas has shown a merry dispositionRyan4Christmas has shown a merry dispositionRyan4Christmas has shown a merry disposition
I just started collecting A Christmas Story ornaments, the ones that make noise. I have the one with the boy stuck to the pole, ralphie coming down the stairs in his bunny costume and the leg in the Fragile box, lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan4Christmas For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-06-2014)
Old 09-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Christmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnog
I collect nativities. I have way too many to display at once so I usually rotate them and display different ones each year. I do have a few that I have to put out every year though. One of my favorites is my Alaskan nativity. The Holy Family is Eskimoes, the manger is an igloo, and the animals are animals like polar bears, penguins, and walruses. I also love my Fisher Price Little People Nativity---the first Christmas gift I bought for my son. (:
The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas24/7 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-06-2014)
Old 09-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
Western Santas such as cowboy boots, hats, etc, with chili peppers.

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
The Following User Says Thank You to Faith4always For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-06-2014)
Old 09-14-2009, 06:52 PM

Silverbells is a good elfSilverbells is a good elfSilverbells is a good elfSilverbells is a good elfSilverbells is a good elfSilverbells is a good elf
My favorite thing to collect is not ornaments its recipes. I have stacks of them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Silverbells For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-06-2014)
Old 06-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 74,697 Times in 14,905 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I love the Possible Dreams Santas, my Grandmother and I have bonded over the years for these items. Every year for Christmas since 1993 I have given her one, I believe she is the reason I love Christmas so much. I only have a couple of them but i do enjoy them, and seeing her face light up when she opens them at Christmastime. She has them displayed year round but makes them a focal point during the holiday season.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:43 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

ChristmasKid77 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasKid77 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasKid77 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasKid77 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasKid77 has shown a merry disposition
Theres a reason I started that "Christmas Savings Box" thing

Every year I buy more stuff for my trainset. Always Lionel. Not everything I buy is "Christmas Themed" but for me, since I only take it out, set it up and run from fall time, till when the tree comes down...it kind of is Christmas themed. That stuff ads up quick!

Nutcrackers! I love Nutcrackers--I think I have like 20 or so now. My favorite being my Philadelphia Eagle NC'er.

I don't go crazy buying authentic stuff, though if I can, I will. Pretty much if it's a cool looking soldier, looks like he needs a home and would fit in with the rest of the boys.....put 'em in the cart!

Christmas music: Regardless of how many discs I have where songs are repeated, if it has members of The Rat Pack, Bing Crosby, Johnny Mathis, Perry Como, Andy Williams or Nat King Cole--if I havent seen a particular album cover, its always like "wow! When did this come out!?"--lol even if it's in some bargin bin....ah, once a year right!?

And I really like ornaments decorated with images of the Nativity. I have so many that last year I didn't even have room to put em up! I ended up taking the small ones and piling them up in red wagon I displayed with Nutcrackers lined up in front of it.....too much stuff, too small a house, gotta improvise!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChristmasKid77 For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (06-29-2010), snowflake22 (02-06-2014)
Old 06-29-2010, 10:13 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
presents...

I happen to buy new christmas cds every year and christmas movies....and christmas books

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-06-2014)
Old 06-29-2010, 11:35 PM
Formally xrockchild

Last Achievements

Adam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the tree
I too have a massive nut cracker collection. So many, I don't even know what to do with them all. I think I may start to collect other things. Perhaps I will collect vintage Christmas items instead!
The Following User Says Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-06-2014)
Old 06-30-2010, 02:33 AM
Last Achievements

usafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
My wife collects snowmen. I think there are three different sets of hallmark ornaments that have snowmen...one set she was collecting since 1996, I believe (long before we met). Collecting those ornaments have manifested into collecting all sorts of snowmen.

Myself, I love collecting "It's a Wonderful Life" memorabilia. One thing in particular that I add on to every year is the Enesco "It's a Wonderful Life" village. They used to sell the sets at Walgreens a couple of years ago. I believe they discontinued selling them after 2007, I believe. Last year I did purchase a church for the village through the Jimmy Stewart museum store. I think that one is my most prized piece, considering I bought it from the museum directly.
snowflake22 (02-06-2014)