Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Halloween » Spooks, Spectres and Legends....

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Halloween Spooks hover here! This merry section of the forum is dedicated to talking about our ideas, plans, thoughts and observations of a great day of Fall that just happens to lead right into the Christmas season.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,026
Top Poster: xmas365 (167,029)
Welcome to our newest member, sonicboomboy

Old 07-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
Spooks, Spectres and Legends....

I know we've kind of done this before, but we've got some new folks since the last time.

Do you have any spooks, spectres or legends in your neck of the woods?

Old 07-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
The Legend of the Boo Hag
Old 07-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

Anyone live in or close to the Pine Barrens in Jersey........
Old 07-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 53,139 Times in 9,648 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
The lake I go to all the time nearby my house has a story, Lady of the Lake. I was just there 4th of July, I still haven't seen her. I hear that this story is at a lot of different lakes. Here is a link for details:

http://www.watermelon-kid.com/places/wrl/lore/ghost.htm

Old 07-11-2009, 10:16 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 546 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
I live in a small town on a lake.. havent heard anything yet? I may have to do a Google search. Great idea

♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 07-12-2009, 07:08 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,787 Times in 1,185 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
The only thing I can think of is from when I was still in Maryland, there was supposed to be a "sea monster" in the Chesapeake Bay (I guess that would make it a bay monster), Chessie I think they called it, you know something like the Loch Ness monster.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,781 Times in 6,021 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Another legend from Maryland, specifically Frederick County, where I grew up---the dread Snallygaster, which terrorized Middletown Valley. It would swoop down and carry off disobedient children. In the 1930s, the Middletown newspaper reported that as it flew over a still in some local woods, the Snallygaster was overcome by the fumes, fell into a moonshine vat and drowned. But legend says it left some eggs behind, which may have hatched ...

There is also a hill in Frederick County where, if you stop your car and put it in neutral, the car will roll uphill. The story goes that it's Civil War soldiers pushing the car up the hill as if it were a heavy artillery piece.

There are SO many ghostly legends in Frederick County that there are a couple books out about them. The area is very rich in Revolutionary and Civil War history.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Old 08-31-2009, 07:37 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

ILuvChristmas is a good elfILuvChristmas is a good elfILuvChristmas is a good elfILuvChristmas is a good elfILuvChristmas is a good elfILuvChristmas is a good elf
There is a legend in NC Mountains about strange lights seen at various times throughout the year. There is another legend about a man that was killed on a railroad track and comes back to look for his head. People say they can see what looks like a lantern sort of floating in the air on this particular track. There is also a hitchhiker legend. So many variations on these legends lol some are told in other states.

I purchased a book called Weird Carolinas by Roger Manley that have more and specific NC lengends and haunts. They also put out books like this for other states.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:06 PM
Invalid Email

lauriebear777 has shown a merry dispositionlauriebear777 has shown a merry dispositionlauriebear777 has shown a merry disposition
You know we have one here on Long Island I need to ask my girlfriends I do not remember it all, but I do remember they called it Mary's Grave, oh I remember when I was really young it scared me. O will check into it and get back, all the teenagers would go there on or around Halloween.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

Originally Posted by ILuvChristmas View Post
There is a legend in NC Mountains about strange lights seen at various times throughout the year. There is another legend about a man that was killed on a railroad track and comes back to look for his head. People say they can see what looks like a lantern sort of floating in the air on this particular track. There is also a hitchhiker legend. So many variations on these legends lol some are told in other states.

I purchased a book called Weird Carolinas by Roger Manley that have more and specific NC lengends and haunts. They also put out books like this for other states.
There is a similar legend about a man killed nearby Summerville, SC who lost head. People have said to have seen the light of his lantern on Light Road to this day.

http://www.castleofspirits.com/summerville.html
http://www.castleofspirits.com/summerville2.html