Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » MMC Christmas In July Contest #3 - The Christmas Pearl

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,848
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,200)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 07-13-2009, 10:29 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
The awesome gift that was given to us, the savior Jesus Christ. Christmas is celebrating His birth with great joy. It's a time when many homes have lights shining in the night to celebrate Jesus.

Christmas is sharing the gift of giving with family and friends. Telling the old story of His love, His birth and realizing the greatest sacrifice.

Christmas is memories of past Christmases and loved ones who have gone on to glory.
Realizing seed has been planted in us to bloom and carry on the memories and love.
Touching the ornament that has been with us through the years and brings memories and sometimes tears.

It's a time we can be thankful for the memories we have been given for those memories have a role in the way we celebrate the gift of Christmas.
The Following User Says Thank You to joyful For This Useful Post:
CharlestonNole (07-15-2009)

Old 07-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,641 Times in 584 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
What makes Christmas special to you?

Knowing that I am able to share with my DD why we celebrate Christmas---it's a birthday and we have a party for Jesus. Also, being surrounded by family, and being blessed that we all live close enough to gather every year. Lots don't have that blessing. We have developed traditions over the years that make Christmas special for me as well---going to Fantasy of Trees, our local Christmas parade, watching White Christmas & Christmas Vacation, and DD is in the church children's program.
The Following User Says Thank You to whitney37354 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

lizziexo is a good elflizziexo is a good elflizziexo is a good elflizziexo is a good elflizziexo is a good elflizziexo is a good elflizziexo is a good elf
What makes christmas special to me is the fact that even though this time of year can be stressful to many people because of all the hard work gone into making a few days perfect for their loved ones but when the big day comes the stress sort of floats away and is forgotten about. It's the one day where as a family we can have one day without petty arguements and come together and have fun and a laugh!

Also what else is special to me is that you buy someone a gift and even though it might not be what they expected, they will have it along time and will cherish it and will always remember who gave them it, especially if that gift came from a grandparent who might of passed on. The fact that christmas gives you gifts and memories of the people you love most, and every year you get a new memory to share with your family and friends in years to come
The Following User Says Thank You to lizziexo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
For what seems like a period of time that is never long enough, the whole world seems to be a little more at ease with each other. The beautiful sites and sounds create a public atmosphere of the Christmas joy that we Christmasaholics know all year long.

In cyberland, we can listen to Christmas music on internet stations year round. We can share our passionate love of Christmas within this fraternity of fellow Christmas lovers. But during the Christmas season, it's as if the whole world is sharing that feeling with us. Somehow, the live music, TV shows, movies, and Merry Christmas Greetings just make us feel a little less alone in our love of everything Christmas.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:12 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
As with most of us, I could write a book.. so I will give a couple of my responses. First and foremost it is the SEASON. I see people lose their anger and really enjoy meeting people (except at the mall or parking) and saying Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays... If there is snow, the quiet, peaceful picturesque view around town... How the snow has this magical affect on children and some adults. When you look at a child who is seeing the first snow of the season and the wonderment and awe in their little eyes.. it is priceless.
I know they are answers but what isn't there to like about Christmas. The get togethers, the lights, the birth of a great man, and the welcoming of a new Year, Family, young and old.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:28 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,124 Times in 9,459 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I cannot believe I did not mention the birth of Christ! Of course He makes it special!

Another thing I love about Christmas Day is how the whole world seems to stand still and is peaceful. What I mean by this is that I live in a very very busy city, 24/7. When Christmas day lands during the week, the day people are usually going to work, it is so nice if you are on the roads and it is so peaceful and all the stores are closed (except the convenience stores). It is such a calm feeling compared to the usual hustle and bustle of this busy town. This is the only day out of the whole year that you don't see heavy traffic on the road. Even Sundays here have heavy traffic. I guess if I lived in the country it would feel this way all the time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
CharlestonNole (07-16-2009)
Old 07-17-2009, 08:08 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,641 Times in 584 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
When Christmas day lands during the week, the day people are usually going to work, it is so nice if you are on the roads and it is so peaceful and all the stores are closed (except the convenience stores). It is such a calm feeling compared to the usual hustle and bustle of this busy town. This is the only day out of the whole year that you don't see heavy traffic on the road. Even Sundays here have heavy traffic. I guess if I lived in the country it would feel this way all the time.
I live in a rural area and it's still strange to see everything closed but convenience stores late Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:13 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,318 Times in 13,286 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
I love how giving people become at Christmas time. being with family and friends, sharing and exchanging gifts. The music, the decorations, the joy and the peace.

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
CharlestonNole (07-17-2009)
Old 07-18-2009, 10:15 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
Congrats to: Christmasstar

You're our winner of the book The Christmas Pearl.

Thanks to everyone who participated.

Congrats again!

Everyone, please join in on our final 2009 Christmas in July giveway. http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=15244
Christmasstar (07-19-2009)
Old 07-19-2009, 06:32 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,124 Times in 9,459 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Congratulations Christmasstar!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-19-2009)