Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » 2009 Christmas/Holiday Radio Programming & Schedules

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Nothing
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:18 PM
52,140 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Crackers
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:18 PM
49,484 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree The Christmas Tree Ship
By MMC Editor
01-03-2013 03:15 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-17-2013 02:30 PM
39,056 Views  1 Posts
present The Delicate Art of...
By MMC Editor
09-13-2011 12:12 AM
46,147 Views  0 Posts
“There Was a Boy Who...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 11:22 AM
54,261 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-28-2009, 02:28 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Will we see 300?

243 Stations now at http://www.100000watts.com/specials.asp !
Old 11-28-2009, 02:38 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,149 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Mr.Jonathan Your avatar is winking at me! lol I had to look twice..love it.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 11-28-2009, 02:50 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Mumof2 View Post
Mr.Jonathan Your avatar is winking at me! lol I had to look twice..love it.
Santa has good taste!
Old 11-28-2009, 09:46 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,149 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Why Thank You,Sir..

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 11-28-2009, 11:24 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

KWFC – Springfield, Missouri USA

KWFC – 89.1 – Springfield, Missouri USA

KWFC is proud to present it's annual, month-long Christmas spectacular -- NOW, BETTER THAN EVER!

Beginning, Friday, November 27th, KWFC will transition to our Christmas programming schedule. Listen for all-Christmas music throughout the day after Thanksgiving. Then, we'll add Christmas to our regular southern gospel rotation for a couple of weeks before going ALL-CHRISTMAS on December 12th.

Also, NEW THIS YEAR, KWFC will change our overnight format to all-Christmas music from November 27-December 25.

Additionally, listen for these special Christmas programs:
• Fri., Nov. 27, 7p-9p, "The Messiah"
• Sat., Dec 5, 7:30p-9:30p, "The Shepherd's Prayer" & "Behind the Carols"
• Sat., Dec 19, 7:30p-9:30p, "The Trail of Two Kings" & "Brooklyn Tabernacle Christmas"
• Thu., Dec 24, 7p-9p, "A Christmas Carol;" 9p-9:30p, "The Crippled Lamb"
• Fri., Dec 25, 4p-6p, "The Messiah;" 7p-9p, "Candlelight Carols"
Old 11-29-2009, 01:45 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
WCSF – 88.7 – St. Joliet, Illinois USA – University of St. Francis

WCSF has a fairly decent mix of traditional and some of the overlooked gems of Christmas music!

http://www.stfrancis.edu/spirit/

All Christmas with an online listen link

From the web page:

USF Celebrates the Holidays with 24 Hours a Day Christmas Programming!

One of the area’s finest holiday traditions, the Spirit of Christmas-holiday music, commercial-free, 24 hours a day from Thanksgiving Day, November 26 through January 2 - will again be presented by WCSF 88.7 FM, the student-run radio station at the University of St. Francis.
Classics, current hits and children’s songs will be featured as well as a variety of special programming, including local choirs and bands, according to Don Burke, Spirit of Christmas producer.

Listeners may call in requests at selected times, said Burke, who notes that more than 200,000 listeners tune into the Spirit of Christmas programming. This is the 18th year the University of St. Francis in Joliet has offered the Spirit of Christmas for the community.
WCSF 88.7FM reaches listeners throughout the greater Will County area.
For more information, call the station at 815 740-3214.
Daily (Beginning November 29, 2009)

5:00pm (daily) – Cinnamon Bear – a rebroadcast of the prior day’s edition.
6:00pm (daily) – Cinnamon Bear – 1937 Radio drama for children featuring the quest for the silver star.

Sunday, November 29, 2009
7:00pm – Christmas in Our Town – Three hours of your requests and dedications.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:30 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

judypancoast has shown a merry disposition
Christmas Radio

Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
Another indication that your 'local' “Official Holiday Station” really isn’t.

http://familychristmasalbum.com/

From the website

36 unscripted, unrehearsed Christmastime memories beautifully recalled by the real people who lived them. Three dozen one-minute holiday stories that make listeners turn the radio UP.
Wow Jon...
First of all, I want to thank you for this thread. I'm an independent musician who has tried for YEARS to get an original Christmas song played on the radio. Every year I surf around the internet trying to gather info on stations playing Christmas music. How wonderful for me to find all the info gathered in one place. THANK YOU.
Secondly, I want to say thank you for pulling back the cover on what some of these stations are doing. I knew there was something fishy going on when I was in Maine listening to an "all Christmas" station and the deejays and the on-air guests all had southern accents!
Do you have any suggestions for independent musicians trying to have a Christmas song played on the radio?
My little song has a "cult" following. To find out the unique way its being heard, just type "House on Christmas Street" into the search box on youtube.com.
Anyhow, thanks so much. It's an uphill battle for we indie musicians and so even though I know that's not your purpose for offering this info it really is great.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Merry Forums Newbie

christmaslight has shown a merry disposition
I love listening to Happy Christmas radio, it helps me went I decorate my house. It's a webcast radio, you'll find it in Google I think.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:20 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thank you for the kind words, Judy. Regular followers of my rants about commercial radio know all too well what I think about the stale, unimaginative, cookie cutter programming that offers nothing more than hyped popular artists of the equally lame big record companies. (Catch an entry in my blog here entitled ‘Radio: It Is What It Is But Ain’t What it Used To Be’) Bottom line; commercial radio is all about making money for the owners and NOT about promoting good music!

Independent artists are left few avenues in which to truly make a living with their music. Judy, your cult following is representative of those who believe in music but not as defined by commercial radio or the big three or four record companies. You could probably tell me more about how to get played on the radio than I could tell you! After all, you are the one trying!

The more known of independent artists seem to be hooked up with smaller record companies, such as Yep-Roc, that beat the internet bushes and take an active role in promotion. Many also offer direct sales of CDs and artist fan products. Some indie record companies even have online radio stations and/or offer podcasts. A strong internet presence is a must! Indie artists also have to sacrifice family/home life to tour small venues across the country as well.

The mystery remains on how to get played on an honest to God, over the air radio station. There are a string of locally owned, real music seeking stations dotted around all around the country. Where one could find a list of these, I really don’t know. The other alternative in the U.S. is public radio. I could easily launch into a tirade about them too, but I’ll stick to the issue. Getting noticed by public radio is an increasingly difficult proposition these days as well. I think it goes back to the small labels that promote indie artists.

I’m not sure I’ve answered any of your questions, Judy. However, rest assured there are plenty of fans of music one will never hear on big time commercial radio out there! It’s time to put a positive spin on “cults” anyway!
Old 11-30-2009, 08:22 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,221 Times in 486 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Jon, I know we're kicking into high gear now!

Here's another one in Knoxville that I found this morning:
http://www.love89.org/

It's Love 89.1 with a Listen Live link (though it appears to be down over the past few minutes, it was playing some great stuff earlier!).
RadioJonD (11-30-2009)