Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Poems from...
By MerryCarey
05-15-2012 03:09 PM
43,443 Views  0 Posts
A Fat Man's Holiday
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:18 PM
44,809 Views  0 Posts
If Only She Hadn't Winked
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:18 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
12-01-2013 05:36 PM
57,172 Views  1 Posts
It's a Wonderful Life...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:17 PM
52,067 Views  0 Posts
Anna Claus
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:15 PM
76,240 Views  0 Posts

Old 09-05-2006, 05:50 PM
MMC Master of SantaClausology

Last Achievements

Michael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnog
Need some help

Okay , I need some help and I am thinking this is probably the best place to get it! I am looking for a Christmas story that I can retell as Santa.

My last Santa appearance of the season is always Christmas Eve at my church. Each year during the Homily (sermon) I discuss the true meaning of Christmas with the congregation. This year Santa will arrive to discuss the symbols of Christmas and what they are meant to remind us of. I am looking for a story I found on the Internet last year. The story was perfect! Unfortunately, I didnít bookmark it and now I canít find it. Has anyone come across a story of Santa describing the symbols of Christmas?

"Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Looking for Santa? Check out my SantaBlog or visit my personal site
Want to become Santa or Mrs. Claus? Visit
ClausNET.com
Old 09-20-2006, 10:02 PM
Ervserver

I did a GOOGLE on the topic symbols of christmas and lots of sites came up...perhaps you could start there.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:45 AM
Santa Clausologist

caseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elf
Originally Posted by Ervserver
I did a GOOGLE on the topic symbols of christmas and lots of sites came up...perhaps you could start there.
This is a great idea, SC I think this is all you need.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:19 PM

Last Achievements

Michael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by caseydbell
Originally Posted by Ervserver
This is a great idea, SC I think this is all you need.
I did. I got lots of data. I just need to pull it all together. Oh and of course get it committed to memory by Christmas Eve! 8)

-- Yoda

ClausNET.com
Old 09-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

HolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry disposition
Sounds like great fun and holiday spirit to me.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:54 PM
Santa Clausologist

caseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elf
You are 1 of a kind SC
Old 09-23-2006, 07:20 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by caseydbell
You are 1 of a kind SC
Ho! Ho! Ho!

-- Yoda

ClausNET.com
Old 09-23-2006, 09:30 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

Misfit Toy has shown a merry dispositionMisfit Toy has shown a merry dispositionMisfit Toy has shown a merry disposition
I'm surprised that a Church would have a Santa Clause. Then again, it probably applies more to the really overly religious since regular churches arent really like that, hearing all about their dislike for Santa Claus and want him taken out of Christmas because he's just a holiday/winter icon and not a 'religious' icon, I'm guessing.

Yea right
Old 10-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Ervserver

Re: Need some help

Originally Posted by SC
My last Santa appearance of the season is always Christmas Eve at my church. Each year during the Homily (sermon) I discuss the true meaning of Christmas with the congregation. This year Santa will arrive to discuss the symbols of Christmas and what they are meant to remind us of. I am looking for a story I found on the Internet last year. The story was perfect! Unfortunately, I didnít bookmark it and now I canít find it. Has anyone come across a story of Santa describing the symbols of Christmas?

When is your first appearance?