Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Food > Recipes » Favorite Cookie Recipes

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Snow Maiden
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:51 PM
62,678 Views  0 Posts
stocking Thanksgiving Activities...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:52 PM
62,981 Views  0 Posts
Dear Santa: Getting...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:36 PM
43,548 Views  0 Posts
Biblical Proof of Santa...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:14 PM
0 Posts
Are You a Spug?
By MerryCarey
07-25-2011 09:08 AM
Last post by lauriebear
08-15-2011 12:09 PM
53,126 Views  7 Posts

Old 08-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,059 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
star Favorite Cookie Recipes

I thought it would be nice to share our favorite cookie recipes. In a few short months baking time will be here and we can be ready with our new recipes. I'm sure many have more than one and it's ok to share all of them. I like tried and true recipes and tips. Here is my husband's favorite cookie, it tops sugar cookies (which is still one of his favorites).

If you like raisin cookies but really don't like the time and skill of making Raisin Filled Cookies, then you will love this recipe.

RAISIN PUFFS
1 cup dark seeedless raisins 1/2 cup golden raisins 1 cup water 1 cup shortening 1 and 1/2 cups sugar 2 eggs, slightly beaten 2 and 1/2 cups sifted flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon vanilla

Cook raisins in water over moderate heart until all the water is absorbed. Set aside to cool. Cream shortening, sugar and eggs until fluffy. Sift flour with soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture with raisins and vanilla. Mix well. Shap into small balls and roll in granulated sugar. Bake on greased baking sheet at 350 for 15 minutes. Very good, enjoy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joyful For This Useful Post:
belljoy (08-11-2009), ChristmasFanatic56 (10-12-2009), ronda43701 (08-06-2009)
Old 08-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

Sno-covered Casey Clause has disabled reputation
That sounds super yummy and easy!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sno-covered Casey Clause For This Useful Post:
joyful (08-06-2009)
Old 10-10-2009, 07:25 PM

Christmas_Angel has shown a merry disposition
During the holidays decorated cut-out cookies rule in my household. I can't count how many batches I crank out over the Christmas holiday season. I have searched and tested many different recipes over the years. For me this is the one for me. This recipe yields a cookie that tastes good, the dough is easy to handle, and it keeps it's shape during bakng!!!

Well, here it is....adapted from Martha Stewart (of course!)....I adjusted the amount of sugar because it was much too sweet for me with frosting. If you prefer a sweeter cookie, use a full cup of sugar. Happy baking! C.A.

Cut-Out Cookie Recipe

Makes 2 dozen 3 inch cookies (NOTE: I usually double the recipe.)
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup (1 stick) softened unsalted butter
1 Tablespoon milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract

1.) Whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
2.) In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar; add egg, milk, and vanilla; incorporate in small amounts Flour, salt, Baking powder mixture; mix just until combined.
3.)Transfer dough to a work surface. Shape into 2 discs, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for several hours (or put in freezer about an hour, if in a hurry.)
4.)Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
5.) On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes, and transfer to prepared baking sheets, leaving an inch in between. Leftover dough can be rolled and cut once more.
6.) Bake until lightly golden, about 10 minutes; do not allow to very brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas_Angel For This Useful Post:
Carol (10-22-2009), ChristmasFanatic56 (10-12-2009)
Old 10-12-2009, 06:16 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

jollyliz has shown a merry disposition
Not a christmas cookie technically but this the best chocolate chip cookie I've eaten!

Alton Brown's The Chewy
Ingredients

• 2 sticks unsalted butter
  • 2 1/4 cups bread flour
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Hardware:

• Ice cream scooper (#20 disher, to be exact)
  • Parchment paper
  • Baking sheets
  • Mixer
Directions

Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Melt the butter in a heavy-bottom medium saucepan over low heat. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
Pour the melted butter in the mixer's work bowl. Add the sugar and brown sugar. Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed. Add the egg, yolk, 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Chill the dough, then scoop onto parchment-lined baking sheets, 6 cookies per sheet. Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown, checking the cookies after 5 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet for even browning. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.

*I make a ton of them during the holidays and give them away. You could add different types of chips and nuts too. When I could eat them my favorite was chocolate and peanut butter chip.
The Following User Says Thank You to jollyliz For This Useful Post:
ChristmasFanatic56 (10-12-2009)
Old 10-12-2009, 11:26 AM

PamC has shown a merry dispositionPamC has shown a merry disposition
Here is a recipe that I received from my sister in law that I have been making lately. Great for cookie baskets, easy to make with not that many ingredients and egg less to boot. This recipe doubles nicely and the dough can be frozen if well wrapped.

Coffee crisps

2-1/2 cups of flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup softened butter
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules dissolved in 2 teaspoons hot water

Mix flour, cinnamon & salt in a separate bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in the dissolved coffee.
With the mixer on low speed gradually mix in flour mixture until blended.
On wax paper shape dough into 2 blocks about 8" long by 1-1/2 inches square.
Wrap and chill for at least 4 hours until firm enough to slice.

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Slice dough into 1/2" slices and place on uncreased cookie sheets 1 inch apart.
Bake 12 to 14 minutes until light golden brown and firm.
Remove to racks to cool.

Glaze
2 teaspoons instant Coffee granules dissolved into 4 teaspoons hot water
1 cup confectionery sugar

Mix until smooth and drizzle over cookies

If you can get chocolate covered coffee beans, place one in the center of each cookie, using a drop of glaze as glue.

*Chocolate coffee beans can be expensive and after much searching last year the beans that I did find (at the mall) looked a little old to me. So as an alternative I used those new premium m&m's in mocha flavor. They worked out nicely.
The Following User Says Thank You to PamC For This Useful Post:
ChristmasFanatic56 (10-12-2009)
Old 10-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

ChristmasFanatic56 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasFanatic56 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasFanatic56 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasFanatic56 has shown a merry disposition
Wow,

Thanks for all of these guys!

Can never have too many Christmas Cookie Recipes!