Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » MMC Christmas in July Contest/Giveaway #4 - A Christmas Without Snow DVD

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,971
Threads: 53,428
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, BelenikovaRord
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Magic of Santa
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:12 PM
55,791 Views  0 Posts
A Christmas Story (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:21 PM
60,539 Views  0 Posts
Once Upon a Foggy...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:05 PM
49,996 Views  0 Posts
“Home for the Holidays”...
By MerryCarey
05-14-2012 11:45 AM
40,699 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Magi
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:56 PM
Last post by MartinGibbs
12-07-2012 03:01 PM
70,073 Views  1 Posts

Old 07-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
MMC Christmas in July Contest/Giveaway #4 - A Christmas Without Snow DVD

MMC Christmas in July Contest/Giveway #4 - A Christmas Without Snow DVD

Christmas in July Greetings Everyone! This is our final contest/giveaway and it will end on Rudolph Day July 25th! I hope you've enjoyed reading everyone's responses as much as I have.

Entry deadline: 1159est July 24th

The prize: A Christmas Without Snow - DVD

A divorced woman moves to a new city with her child, trying to build her life again. She joins the choir of a local church but has some personality conflicts with the choirmaster, a curmudgeonly old gentleman who will accept nothing but perfection from his group. As Christmas approaches and the choir practices for a big show and the director pushes them all to their emotional limits, she contemplates quitting the group.

The question: Scrooge versus the Grinch...who was meaner and why do you think so?

(I'm glad they both found redemption at Christmas)

(Simply post your response in this thread to be entered.)

(All those who post/reply (with the above response) will have their name entered into a drawing to be held shortly after the deadline.)
Old 07-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Last Achievements

sdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elf
Scrooge - He had the means and the ability to do good with what he had but chose not to do so until he was so calloused to those in need that he developed a hatred for those in need around him.

"In all this world there is nothing so beautiful as a happy child." - Santa Claus, The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
The Following User Says Thank You to sdkluger For This Useful Post:
CharlestonNole (07-18-2009)
Old 07-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,088 Times in 12,620 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

Originally Posted by CharlestonNole View Post
The question: Scrooge versus the Grinch...who was meaner and why do you think so?
I would say it was Scrooge. His main goal in life was to get all the money he could and in his drive to do this he cared nothing for those around him and showed no mercy to anyone. The Grinch was just a lonely old hermit who thought no one like him anyway and just stayed out of everyone's way.(most of the time)
The Following User Says Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,762 Times in 1,181 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
I would have to say Scrooge also. He basically stands there and admits he underpays Bob, and just about laughs at him. He doesn't care that he has a family to support and a sick child to take care of, well at least not until later.
The Following User Says Thank You to Snow-in-Texas For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,466 Times in 910 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
I have to say the Grinch. While Scrooge had the means to help others he did not try to steal from them. I think stealing is meaner. Not only did the Grinch break into their homes and stole everything while they were sleeping, he thought he could steal their Christmas Spirit. The Grinches actions were deliberate while Scrooges actions were done out of ignornace to how things really were.
The Following User Says Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2009, 06:14 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,153 Times in 9,000 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
They are both mean! I guess I would say the Grinch since, as mentioned here, he is a thief.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
CharlestonNole (07-19-2009)
Old 07-19-2009, 06:52 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,402 Times in 1,734 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Scrooge, as people like him actually existed/exist, give or take the odd ghost or two!

I know we are dealing with fictional characters here but Dickens wrote about the times he lived in. There were poorhouses and there wasn't the medical care available so anybody in Tiny Tim's position would, inevitably, not have a future.

The Who's down in Whoville just had to worry about a bad tempered green mutant knicking their Who Beast
Old 07-19-2009, 07:09 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,315 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I am going to say the Grinch. Scrooge was known to be a an old crochety skinflint. Everybody knew what he was like; you knew exactly where you stood with him; he stayed the same old mean miser up until his change of heart. The Grinch, however, blatantly stole from children and lied to Cindy Lou Who about what he was doing (fixing the light that had burned out).
Old 07-19-2009, 07:51 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,010 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
It has to be Scrooge for me.

So mean and horrible to everyone around him that were so poor
The Following User Says Thank You to irishsnow For This Useful Post:
CharlestonNole (07-22-2009)
Old 07-20-2009, 03:17 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 15,934 Times in 3,672 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
The Grinch...because he hated Christmas because of itself...Scrooge mainly because every was in a good mood and wanted him to give and give and give.

The Grinch just really hated Christmas....HATED....but in the end....they are the same....just with different colors...

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
CharlestonNole (07-22-2009)