Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » What a way to start the school year!

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,436
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gifting Without Charging
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:03 PM
49,619 Views  0 Posts
It Ain't About A Bird
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:25 PM
46,336 Views  0 Posts
14 16x16 Differences in the U.S....
By MMC Editor
11-17-2011 05:56 PM
41,661 Views  0 Posts
Neiman Marcus Has Just...
By Jeff Westover
10-09-2012 04:00 PM
25,546 Views  0 Posts
The Story of White...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:01 PM
43,505 Views  0 Posts

Old 08-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Maebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
What a way to start the school year!

It was the first day of school for teachers. That is really the best part. I woke up and was ready to go. We have a lot of construction at schools in our district so we were ready to walk but the bus came by and picked us up. Well, we all got off at the junior high building. It was still good! Then, we walked in. I guess there were about 8 of us and we all headed down the stairs to the high school cafeteria. (Just so you know, the cafeteria is shared by the junior high and high schools--I've not lost it yet!)

I made it better than two thirds down when I missed a couple of steps. Yes, I took a fall. Several tried to help me up right away and I said to just let me be....and holllered that my glasses went flying. My friend, Cindy picked them up and some others went for the nurse after I said that I was hurting but other than that seemed okay. I think I am but I went down on my left hand and both elbows. I hurt mostly on the left. I avoided hitting my head by swinging it back. I sat on the floor for a bit. Our school nurse came out to the hall where I was. I was able to move everything but it hurt. Now, I've been busy all day. It was the first day we really got into our classrooms to set up for the new school year. They put new windows in this week. Mine went in yesterday. I had Rick, Ricky and Alice there helping. I owe them! They were awesome. I looked pretty much ready with a few exceptions.

Our new year picnic was a success. I had several students from past years come see me. THAT did make me feel better! It let me know that I left a positive influence with them. One came from last year and surprised me. She was a young autistic girl from 8 years ago. She was so nice and everything!

Now, I know the pain will set in....I'll be very stiff and be hurting more tomorrow. I will do my best to do what is needed tomorrow. Then, I have the weekend to recover.

Hey! I figure it can only go uphill now, right!
Old 08-14-2009, 12:43 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,049 Times in 3,684 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I´m sorry You hurt Yourself!!! hopefully the pain will be gone really fast!!!

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 08-14-2009, 03:46 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,010 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
Get better soon
Old 08-14-2009, 07:35 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,168 Times in 12,626 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

Oh you poor dear! If that wrist is still sore on Saturday you should go and get an x ray to make sure you did not break it.

Sometimes these events can be more embarrassing than painful!
Hope you are feeling better quickly! So nice that you had all that help.

I too enjoy it when the kids I used to bus come over and say hello, makes you feel good to be remembered!
Old 08-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,612 Times in 4,413 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Ouch! I hope you're not hurting too bad today! I hope you feel better soon.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:59 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,166 Times in 26,527 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I hope you feel better soon!!
Old 08-14-2009, 08:29 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,614 Times in 578 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
I literally feel your pain---I fell down the stairs at home last Friday. I bounced on my big bootie, so it really could have been worse! A huge bruise on one "cheek" still a week later and it still hurts to sit for long periods of time. I had a doctor's appoint Monday anyway and we agreed that if my tailbone is broken, nothing can be done, so she didn't bother to check it. I've given birth and had a 4th degree episiotomy, so this fall was nothing compared to that!

I hope you feel better soon, and be careful!!
Old 08-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Maebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I'm more sore today. This is going to take a bit to heal. At least, I do feel good about going into the new school year.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,168 Times in 12,626 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

Originally Posted by Maebeary View Post
I'm more sore today. This is going to take a bit to heal. At least, I do feel good about going into the new school year.
glad to hear that you are enjoying the new school year! I hope you are feeling better quickly.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:37 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,149 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Ouch,I hope you heal super fast.Take it easy when ya can!

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria