Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » For those who are Christian.....

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Crackers
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:18 PM
49,484 Views  0 Posts
Snow or No Snow?
By MMC Editor
07-03-2011 08:18 AM
Last post by trackrebel
07-18-2013 04:46 PM
53,948 Views  4 Posts
Gift 2 Holiday Twist: Themed...
By MMC Editor
11-01-2012 12:32 AM
0 Posts
“A Christmas Spectacle”...
By MerryCarey
05-11-2012 02:46 PM
36,004 Views  0 Posts
Feast of Fools
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:33 PM
54,070 Views  0 Posts

Old 08-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

luckymumofthree has shown a merry disposition
My eldest daughter did her first nativity last year at the school, it just made me so proud of her i can not wait to see it this year, my middle daughter will be in the nursery by then to
I just love everything about Christmas, i have tried explaining about Jesus to my girls, but santa does seem to take over, but i will take it stage by stage and hope the message sinks in soon lol!
Old 08-19-2009, 01:52 PM

Christmaschick has shown a merry dispositionChristmaschick has shown a merry disposition
I have large Christmas decorations that say Jesus is the reason for the season. I put a Nativity Scene on the table in the hall at the front door. I have a nice Snow Globe with the Nativity Scene in it. I feel like I just want my house to say we love Christmas and why know what the true meaning is.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

ILuvChristmas is a good elfILuvChristmas is a good elfILuvChristmas is a good elfILuvChristmas is a good elfILuvChristmas is a good elfILuvChristmas is a good elf
I have a nativity outside, two big ones inside, three wisemen on the mantle mixed in with all the other favorite Christmas characters. I mean God sends us snow, so why not snowmen? God created deer, so why not Rudolph? St. Nick was a man of God in which Santa was derived from, so why not Santa? So on and so forth lol
Old 08-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
Well, here's how we do it.

We keep Jesus the focus at our house all year round.
We are Christians. We live for the Lord every single day.

So, when it comes to Christmas time...we do it all!! We love Santa Claus too!! But we tell our kids that Santa can't save their souls or heal them when they're sick. But Santa loves little kids so much that he likes to bless them with gifts...like God gave the world Jesus as a gift.

We also bake a birthday cake and sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. Like a birthday party for Him.

I also find nativity coloring sheets online and print them out.

We sing about Jesus. etc.

That's how we do it.

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Faith4always For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (06-30-2010), ILuvChristmas (08-23-2009), Wenceslaus (08-20-2009), whitney37354 (08-21-2009)
Old 08-20-2009, 06:16 PM

Christmaschick has shown a merry dispositionChristmaschick has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Faithmom6 View Post

So, when it comes to Christmas time...we do it all!! We love Santa Claus too!! But we tell our kids that Santa can't save their souls or heal them when they're sick. But Santa loves little kids so much that he likes to bless them with gifts...like God gave the world Jesus as a gift.

We also bake a birthday cake and sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. Like a birthday party for Him.

I also find nativity coloring sheets online and print them out

That's how we do it.

That sounds beautiful!
Old 08-20-2009, 08:06 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Christmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnog
Love the Baby Jesus picture Faithmom6!

I forgot to mention one other thing that we do....

We do wisemen gifting, which means that Santa Claus brings each of our children 3 gifts. They know that number is significant as it represents the gifts that the wisemen brought to Jesus. I like that "tie in".

Oh, and one of my nativities is a statue of Santa kneeling over the Baby Jesus. He has his hat off, showing respect. I also have an ornament and a Christmas puzzle with that same image....and a book that goes along with it.

We are totally into Christmas movies, music, books, etc. and we have a pretty nice collection that includes both the *secular* and the *religious*. Speaking of which, has anyone seen the nativity movie that came out a few years ago? That is one I still haven't seen. I should go look for it.

I also collect nativities and always put out a lot. I have lots of nativity ornaments as well and some day I want to do a complete nativity tree. Our tree topper is a nativity scene as well and I love that.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,291 Times in 608 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
We

We do quite a bit.
Regular Church, Daughter in Christmas Play and Children's Choir, Watch lots of Reason for the Season Christmas Movies and Cartoons, 5 Nativity scenes in the House. Hang Jesus Stocking, Advent Candle Lightings each week, Late Christmas Eve Service, Read the Birth of Christ on Christmas Eve, Then finally we make a Birthday Cake for Christmas Day and Sing Happy Birth day to Jesus!
=)

We love Santa and ll the commercial side of Christmas - bunches and bunches - but we love the real reason more than anything....
Old 08-21-2009, 01:21 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,111 Times in 3,695 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Faithmom6 View Post

I also find nativity coloring sheets online and print them out.

That's how we do it.
Hey Linda....You wrote about the Happy Birthday singing on Christmas last yeasr...and I thank You for that....we adopted that one...and it made it very easy for Kandice to understand that this is Jesus Birthday!!! so thanks again

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 08-21-2009, 11:57 AM

I think singing Happy Birthday to Jesus is an excellent idea! I am going to do that this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to Christmaschick For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (06-30-2010)
Old 08-21-2009, 03:51 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,111 Times in 3,695 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
it really is

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You