Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » Not until Christmas.......

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,232
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,523)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 08-18-2009, 05:33 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,065 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
I dont watch Santa Clause the Movie until Christmas Eve

My favourite Christmas movie

Old 08-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

Christmaschick has shown a merry dispositionChristmaschick has shown a merry disposition
It's funny, I will have Christmas movies on sometimes when I'm doing chores. I just like to hear them. I have Christmas with the Kranks on alot. Also Santa Claus 2.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:11 AM
Last Achievements

almcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry disposition
I love watching Christmas films all year round but there are some that I save just for Christmas. Films like Santa Claus the Movie,Miracle on 34th Street and A Muppet's Christmas Carol are films I have to watch on Christmas Eve. It wouldn't feel like Christmas otherwise
Old 08-20-2009, 07:20 AM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
Like the rest of the folks in the Christmas Movies 365 group I love to watch anything & everything all year long
Old 08-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Christmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by dvdguy View Post
I love to watch anything & everything all year long
I agree with dvdguy. Anything and everything year round works for me. Unfortunately, my DH doesn't feel the same way...but he is a good sport. My kids are always up for a Christmas movie though.

I had surgery a couple of years ago that put me out of commision for awhile so I brought out the Christmas movies and that's what I did while I was on restrictions.....it was May. (: (: (:
Old 08-22-2009, 10:52 AM
Last Achievements

Snowman1971 has shown a merry dispositionSnowman1971 has shown a merry dispositionSnowman1971 has shown a merry dispositionSnowman1971 has shown a merry disposition
I always make it a point to watch a recorded TV program on the 25th of June. Followed by A Christmas Story some time shortly after. Then as fall comes on I watch more and more. Saving some of them for the actual season. This was something I did as a child and then abandoned as a young adult. Now I do it again. I try to stretch my season out, so that I am not always just looking forward to the last month of the year. As i get older I don't want to be wishing my life away!
Old 08-22-2009, 12:37 PM

Christmaschick has shown a merry dispositionChristmaschick has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Snowman1971 View Post
I always make it a point to watch a recorded TV program on the 25th of June. Followed by A Christmas Story some time shortly after. Then as fall comes on I watch more and more. Saving some of them for the actual season. This was something I did as a child and then abandoned as a young adult. Now I do it again. I try to stretch my season out, so that I am not always just looking forward to the last month of the year. As i get older I don't want to be wishing my life away!
That's a really good idea!
Old 08-23-2009, 07:17 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Christmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnog
For me, there are so many Christmas movies I want to watch that it really is impossible to see them all just in December. There just isn't enough time. (:
Old 08-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,530 Times in 1,986 Posts
brent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa envious
For me, it used to be never before November 25th as I did not want to spoil my excitement for the Holiday season. However, I have since purchased too many Christmas movies to watch within that short span. Because of this, I may have to begin my viewing time when the Season begins on November 13th (according to the MMC Countdown) or perhaps even November 1st.

It's tough, but restraining myself from watching the films all year round really heightens my anticipation. Even if I begin to watch movies early, however, I will probably wait until the 25th or at least 13th to begin listening to Christmas music.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 24,891 Times in 4,081 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
The only one I can think of is Miracle On 34th Street!! I HAVE to watch it every year on Thanksgiving Day! It's my rule that can't be broken.... I watch the parade in the morning while decorating my tree, watch Miracle On 34th Street on tv, then we go to my families Thanksgiving party! When my MIL decides to have Thanksgiving lunch, (which doesn't happen very often) it just blows my whole day! Lol!! (don't get me wrong, I can't blame her for wanting to have the family over for lunch, but I would be thrown out in the cold if I asked to watch a Christmas movie after lunch! LOL!)