Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Thanksgiving » Football and Thanksgiving-Do you love it or hate it?

Thanksgiving Real Thanksgiving Thanksgiving is where Christmas really begins. Presented by Real Thanksgiving, this topic explores the activities, the foods, the entertainment and the family time of this classic American holiday.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,434
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
star Charlie Brown Heads to...
By Jeff Westover
10-10-2012 10:09 PM
27,673 Views  0 Posts
“The Great Adventure of...
By MerryCarey
05-17-2012 11:16 AM
30,968 Views  0 Posts
Halloween: What's the...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:28 PM
48,190 Views  0 Posts
Santa Everywhere
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:15 PM
43,662 Views  0 Posts
Frankincense
By MMC Editor
06-08-2011 05:45 PM
47,362 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

UnchosenFragmnts has shown a merry dispositionUnchosenFragmnts has shown a merry disposition
It's defenitely on at our house. It's a good way to determine where everyone is going to be eating at our house as the family is so big that one table cant even hold 1/4 of the people eating.
The Following User Says Thank You to UnchosenFragmnts For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (10-28-2009)
Old 11-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Twinklelights has shown a merry disposition
We've never watched football on Thanksgiving...I don't think anyone in our family is a huge football fan, although we do throw a huge superbowl party every year.
The Following User Says Thank You to Twinklelights For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (11-04-2009)
Old 11-05-2009, 07:53 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,212 Times in 483 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I am super happy that my husband is not a sports fan. I can't stand to watch football ever and especially not on Thanksgiving!!!

My mom has gotten all super into the Titans though so over the last few years I've had to become more tolerant to it. She's even gone to games on the holidays sometimes! I think they're not doing very well this year though so maybe we won't have to suffer through football. hah hah.

Sorry guys!
Christmas-A-Holic (11-05-2009)
Old 11-05-2009, 09:47 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

act_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elf
Not a huge football fan here, I prefer hockey. But everyone of the male variety in my family loves football. But, I have to say Thanksgiving would not be the same without it.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Christmasologist

mommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elf
I dislike it. I am not a football person, and after our meal when the t.v. gets turned on to watch football, I do not look forward to it, and neither does the kids.
The Following User Says Thank You to mommytotwo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,291 Times in 608 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
wow...

wow.....
thats just sad........on so many levels....

Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
I dislike it. I am not a football person, and after our meal when the t.v. gets turned on to watch football, I do not look forward to it, and neither does the kids.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Radio Partner, The Christmas Station

Thanked 1,523 Times in 516 Posts
CJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCJ498 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I am a big football fan, and I can not imagine Thanksgiving without watching football and trying to stay awake through the game after an overdose of
tryptophan from too much Turkey

http://www.live365.com/stations/tscradiotwo
Old 01-14-2010, 11:43 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,020 Times in 444 Posts
Bullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Who all here feel that Thanksgiving would not be the same without football? Some love football and some hate it. Would love to hear from both because I am curious how everyone feels.

I LOVE IT! It has been a tradition of mine to watch the Dallas Cowboys play on Thanksgiving Day. I do not feel it's Thanksgiving without football and I am a die hard Cowboys fan. I have been to 2 Cowboys games on Thanksgiving Day and got to see the John Madden turkey, I sure am going to miss Madden. The first one I went to is when Tom Landry was coach and the second one was when Jimmy Johnson was coach.

My Thanksgiving Day starts out with the parade, then company over for lunch, football then Christmas movies! What an awesome day!
I'm a Lions fan and just happy that they are still allowed to be on Thanksgiving as horrible as they have been. I'm already looking forward to Thanksgiving 2010, I can smell that turkey already!
Old 01-14-2010, 12:05 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 70,046 Times in 13,920 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I could do without football on Thanksgiving, mainly because I think they should put different teams on. (sorry Cowboys and Lions fans) I could probably get into it more if they changed it up. What I truly hate is when football is on Christmas eve or Christmas day, my family (in-laws) watches it and that ends the Christmas movies or music because the game is on.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:46 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,762 Times in 1,181 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
I could do without football on Thanksgiving, mainly because I think they should put different teams on. (sorry Cowboys and Lions fans) I could probably get into it more if they changed it up. What I truly hate is when football is on Christmas eve or Christmas day, my family (in-laws) watches it and that ends the Christmas movies or music because the game is on.
I heard that they are thinking about changing the teams every year that play on Thanksgiving. Don't know if or when they will do that though.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
The Following User Says Thank You to Snow-in-Texas For This Useful Post:
xmas365 (01-19-2010)