Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Retro » Combining Video Files...

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,096
Threads: 53,974
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,477)
Welcome to our newest member, K31E

Old 04-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Superfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elf
Combining Video Files...

Hi all,

I have some .flv video files I want to be able to piece/blend together and wonder if there are any widgets out there to do so.

Should I convert them to something like .mpeg first? I want to make the joins as seemless as possible, but it doesn't have to be perfect.

Any points to some freeware, maybe, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Old 04-17-2011, 11:35 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,986 Times in 2,436 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
I don't know if you can do it with freeware. It would take an editing program. The format shouldn't be a problem with a decent program though. FLV files are better for the web.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:03 AM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,303 Times in 610 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
yup

Go to CNET then Downloads...
A dew decent ones are....
Appnimi YouTube Video Merger
Free AVI MPEG WMV MP4 FLV Video Joiner and
AoA Video Joiner
Old 04-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Superfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elf
Thanks for the responses. I found a couple of free widgets or trial versions with no Water Marks that I used.

I had 15 .flv files. The total time of the files combined is roughly 1 hr 59 min. I used Freecorder 4's conversion tool to convert them to mpeg. I then used Easy Video Joiner to create one large file... 2.97 GB.

I then tried to use Free DVD Creator to create the DVD. Here's where my issues arise. I guess when it converts the large mpeg to VIDEO_ and AUDIO_ files, they are too large to fit on the DVD. The final contents of the created DVD equates to about 12 1/2 of the original .flv files.

Is there any way I can convert the .flv's to a more compact format or does this not really matter in that when converted to files for DVD, it will still be too large.

I like the Free DVD Creator utility because you can create nice menus, etc.

Worst case, I'll just splt the file to fit on 2 DVDs, although this would be a last resort.

Any further help would be appreciated.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

I was able to get what I need and I now have two DVDs, one color and one Black & White, of the WPIX Yule Log. Oh how I've missed this little gem.

I don't even know if they broadcast this anymore so its nice to have it on demand now.

You want to talk about classic Christmas music? ...

http://www.theyulelog.com/htmls/music.html