Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » What Christmas movie did you like the least?

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,971
Threads: 53,428
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, BelenikovaRord
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Santa Speaks 2004
By MMC Editor
06-11-2004 11:00 PM
60,533 Views  0 Posts
How does Santa get down...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:56 PM
63,041 Views  0 Posts
“Home for the Holidays”...
By MerryCarey
05-14-2012 11:45 AM
40,699 Views  0 Posts
The Story of Black Peter
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:49 PM
Last post by Angioni
09-16-2012 09:19 AM
1 Posts
Dear Santa: Cynical...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2011 09:39 PM
55,034 Views  0 Posts

Old 09-05-2009, 06:54 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,153 Times in 9,000 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by joyful View Post
Not a Jim Carrey fan so I didn't care of the Grinch. My kids never liked the books or the cartoon version.

Love Christmas Story and awww Jimmy Stewart in It's a Wonderful Life, a movie about giving and reaping what we sow. it's beautiful. Love both movies.
I love Christmas Story and It's a Wonderful Life as well.

Originally Posted by Santa's Helper View Post
I too love Christmas Story, it's one of my favorites and I keep it on for the entire 24 hours that it plays on Christmas eve but, the movie that I absolutely despise...It's a Wonderful Life!
That is funny because I own the dvd to A Christmas Story, watch it a lot then when it is on for 24 during Christmas I tend to turn it on as well. I watch other stuff too but I go back and forth within that 24 hours. I don't like when the marathon of it is over, I know Christmas Day has come to an end.

This thread is what I don't like and at the moment I cannot think of anything so I will have to post back.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

Old 09-05-2009, 06:56 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
I do NOT care for Jim Cary's Grinch nor the Lampoon's Christmas movie.

LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE: It's a Wonderful Life
A Christmas Story

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
Old 09-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,727 Times in 1,305 Posts
Solice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the Wisemen
Christmas In Wonderland (2007)
Elf (2003)
Old 09-05-2009, 08:31 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 143,638 Times in 26,453 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I don't really care for elf or jim carreys grinch. I am not a huge fan of Christmas story but I watch it at least once a season.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

snowberry has disabled reputation
The one that came out a few years ago with Danny DiVito. Hated that movie.

snowberry (who thanks Jesus for the classics)
Old 09-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Ryan4Christmas has shown a merry dispositionRyan4Christmas has shown a merry dispositionRyan4Christmas has shown a merry dispositionRyan4Christmas has shown a merry disposition
My favorites are: a christmas story, the grinch (animated) and carrey version, a charlie brown christmas, the santa clause movies.

I didnt like jingle all the way too much, the acting wasn't all that great, it's a wonderful life doesnt really get my attention too much either.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Originally Posted by snowberry View Post
The one that came out a few years ago with Danny DiVito. Hated that movie.

snowberry (who thanks Jesus for the classics)
Deck the Halls, yes that was a bad movie. Surviving Christmas with Ben Affleck wasn't good either.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 09-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Snow is falling... has shown a merry dispositionSnow is falling... has shown a merry dispositionSnow is falling... has shown a merry dispositionSnow is falling... has shown a merry disposition
The Santa Clause 2 was pretty woeful
Old 09-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

cathymac is a new face around here!
I love It's a Wonderful Life, The Grinch, The Santa Clause (all of them), Christmas Vacation and most every other Christmas movie ever made. However, I did not care for one version of Miracle on 34th Street-it's the one from the mid to late 70's, I think..it was just not good. The "newest" one-from the early 90s was ok, but you'll never top the original!!

That's the only one I can think of off hand that I just flat out don't care for. Most of the animated ones are great, but there's some of those that I find tiresome. Can't think of any names right off hand...
Old 09-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,153 Times in 9,000 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by cathymac View Post
I love It's a Wonderful Life, The Grinch, The Santa Clause (all of them), Christmas Vacation and most every other Christmas movie ever made. However, I did not care for one version of Miracle on 34th Street-it's the one from the mid to late 70's, I think..it was just not good. The "newest" one-from the early 90s was ok, but you'll never top the original!!

That's the only one I can think of off hand that I just flat out don't care for. Most of the animated ones are great, but there's some of those that I find tiresome. Can't think of any names right off hand...
I didn't think the remake of, Miracle on 34th Street, was near as good as the original either. I was disappointed with it.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!