Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Shopping > Gifting » Christmas shopping already

Gifting Need ideas? Brainstorm here with others about what to give for him or her!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,462
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells All About Stuffing
By MMC Editor
11-19-2011 10:49 PM
42,069 Views  0 Posts
My Little Lie
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:07 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
12-23-2013 02:24 PM
8 Posts
Santa Speaks 2004
By MMC Editor
06-11-2004 11:00 PM
60,623 Views  0 Posts
Jingle Bell
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 08:57 PM
46,400 Views  0 Posts
The Santa Clause 2...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:11 PM
0 Posts

Old 07-22-2009, 04:19 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

Dawnfletch has shown a merry dispositionDawnfletch has shown a merry disposition
Christmas shopping already

Ive been getting bits in for about 4 weeks now.
Last week i sold all my gold i got £120 for it,so on Saturday im going Christmas presents shopping for my familt & friends. So all i will have to get in November is our son presents. Me & My hubby are having a tv for our room between us for xmas thats our present to each other.
Ive got all my cards & wrapping paper. So by the end of Sept i will have everything wrapped up & cards wrote on.
Bet you think im daft lol
Old 07-22-2009, 04:49 AM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,910 Times in 1,066 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
Nope. You are not crazy. Some of us have started much earlier! My Wife and I started a few weeks ago. We went to toys r us to get some gifts for our son (his first Christmas!)
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
Old 07-22-2009, 05:48 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
No, not daft. Im getting a xmas tree soon!! ha
Old 07-22-2009, 07:07 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,470 Times in 911 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
It's great that you are getting so much done now and out of the way before the holidays. That way you can sit back with your family and really enjoy the holidays. No I do not think you are daft.....LOL!....We started shopping back in January. We are more then 1/3 way done shopping now. We are holding off on buying the kids anything else until mid Oct. One has a birthday in Aug and the other in Oct. Once birthdays are done then we will resume shopping for them. This was we can avoid buying duplicates.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:08 AM

jack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elf
I have started getting small bits and pieces in for family and my 5 year old son has already mentioned a few things he would like for Christmas so i think at some point when he goes back to school i will go and get him a few pieces that i know hes asked for and wants from toys r us but there's no way ill be taking him with me!

Apart from that my other gifts are coming along nicely for family and I'm just getting bits and pieces as needed and when i can afford it.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:53 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Christmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnog
I am also a year round shopper and always start right after Christmas. I have made a HUGE dent in my Christmas list....I'm guessing about 70% done. Right now I'm working on making our neighbor gifts, as well as a few homemade gifts.

I have also started jotting down notes for our Christmas letter, although I won't put it together until Nov. I try to have my cards addressed and ready to go by Thanksgiving.....and then mailed Dec. 1. My goal is always to be done with everything by Dec. 1 so I can just sit back and enjoy the month of Dec. It goes by way too fast as it is.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:12 AM

Dawnfletch has shown a merry dispositionDawnfletch has shown a merry disposition
Today is the day i go for all my christmas shopping so i will have 90% done by today. All i will have to get is our son Josephs presents. I have wrote on my cards. So from next week im going to start to wrap the presents up. So by December i will have everything done so i can sit back & relax. Im doing all this & i havnt even been away for my summer holiday yet lol.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:02 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Originally Posted by kelly ann View Post
No, not daft. Im getting a xmas tree soon!! ha
Haha!! I've had a Christmas tree riding around in the backseat of my car for 2 months now. My friend gave it to me and the box is too heavy for me to get it out of the car so I'm going to have to take it out piece by piece and put it in a tote. It's a tree for my mom because I made her throw her tree out last year. If she doesn't like it then I'm keeping it for myself because it's a nice, full tree about 7 feet tall!!! I'm going to start shopping for Christmas here very soon. I've already been throwing out hints to my family as to what I'd like this year.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 07-28-2009, 04:51 AM

I did my Christmas shopping on saturday. All i have to get now is our son's Josephs presents which we are going to see what hes into by then. Im happy that ive got them all & i havnt spent alot. When we have been away in September i will start to wrap them up. On count down now till we can put the tree up which will be the 5th Dec. Then count down till Christmas eve.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:41 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,470 Times in 911 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Great job on getting most of your shopping done.