Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations > Lights & Decorations » Do you have Christmas bed, bath and kitchen decor?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,225
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,350)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 09-16-2009, 07:03 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 53,937 Times in 9,773 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Do you have Christmas bed, bath and kitchen decor?

I know a lot of us decorate the bedroom, bathroom and kitchen but I am being more specific in your decor.

Do you change out all your bed linen and have Christmas bed linens and/or curtains? In your kitchen do you change out your towels and/or pot holders for a Christmas theme? Dishes and cups as well? With the dishes and cups, do you put away all your other dishes for the whole Christmas season and only use the Christmas ones for everyday use or do you only get out the dishes on Christmas Day for a one time use? What about your bathroom? Do you have a Christmas shower curtain and/or toilet seat cover? What about taking down existing framed pictures on your wall to put up Christmas pictures? If you can think of anything else you change out, let us know, even if it's in another room.

I have always wanted bed linens to use throughout the whole Christmas season. I only own a Christmas throw that I put across the bed but would love the sheets, pillow cases and comforter. I do put a tree in our room. November 1st I put away all my regular coffee mugs and get out my whole collection of Christmas mugs we us up until January. I never had a set of Christmas dishes but always wanted some. If I did it would be used through the whole season and not just for one day. I decorate the bathroom but do not change anything out like shower curtain or toilet seat cover.

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-07-2014)

Old 09-16-2009, 07:07 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,787 Times in 1,185 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
I know back home in Maryland we never did any of that, but we did decorate the house pretty good when I was a kid.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
The Following User Says Thank You to Snow-in-Texas For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-07-2014)
Old 09-16-2009, 07:22 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
I have a Christmas bedspread that I put on but, I don't have a shower curtain or any kind of themed decor for the kitchen or bath. I just put my own stuff up.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
The Following User Says Thank You to Santa's Helper For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-07-2014)
Old 09-16-2009, 08:46 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
My whole kitchen gets decorated, it's not a huge area but I still do it. I have towels and even dishrags that a friend of mine got me last year and they are really nice. I would like to get some dishes but I have not succeeded in that yet....am looking this year. As far as it goes for bathroom I only do very little as I am perplexed on how to decorate...even though I got some good ideas from a recent past thread. I am slowly getting ideas for the bedroom(mine) my sons' and daughter's room don't always stay so clean so about the only thing they MAY get in theirs is a tree...that's by pure chance there..LOL.
The Following User Says Thank You to snowytree For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-07-2014)
Old 09-16-2009, 09:07 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 164,059 Times in 31,315 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
In the kitchen I have rugs, towels, salt and pepper shakers, trivets, spoon rest, cookie jar, candy dishes, oven mitts, and canisters. I don't have dishes yet because I am running out of room to store new things. In the bathroom I have rugs, towels, washcloths, hand towels, shower curtain and hooks, toilet seat cover, molded soaps, and a toilet paper holder.
The Following User Says Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-07-2014)
Old 09-16-2009, 09:10 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 164,059 Times in 31,315 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I forgot to say that I have nothing for the bedrooms. I will be looking this year for a winter theme bedspread or quilt for my bed.
The Following User Says Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-07-2014)
Old 09-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,099 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
I have cozy flannel sheets but I use them all winter not just for Christmas...they are penguins with snow flakes! Thats about it for the bedroom. I do have some dish towels for the kitchen...we have a pretty good sized eat in country kitchen because there is no dining room...I have a big bay window in the kitchen that gets decorated too!
The Following User Says Thank You to MsChristmas For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-07-2014)
Old 09-16-2009, 09:38 AM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,155 Times in 819 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
I've got throw blankets and pillows,shower curtain,saop dispensers,towels,and other items to put up in these areas.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
The Following User Says Thank You to Mumof2 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-07-2014)
Old 09-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 9,796 Times in 1,502 Posts
Solice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the Wisemen
In my kitchen I hang up christmas curtains yes.
And I change towels to Christmas theme and decorate for christmas
+
Christmas lights, candles and christmas flowers, and gingerbread-heart hanging in the kitchen window

In my bathroom I also do some christmas decorating, but not much.
I have red towels and red decorations there all year. (white and red)
For dishes and cups we collect this and we use this all Christmas

I also have Christmas bed linens, but I think I will I put them
on the childrens beds this year..
The Following User Says Thank You to Solice For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-07-2014)
Old 09-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I am decorating the Window.. with Snow Spray and Window-color Pictures..
and lights.

also in Bathroom
snowflake22 (02-07-2014)