Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,842
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, HVEKU

Old 09-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

Christmaschick has shown a merry dispositionChristmaschick has shown a merry disposition
Christmas Eve

What does your family do Christmas Eve?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmaschick For This Useful Post:
Beki (10-05-2009)
Old 09-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
I put out all our treats and eats...candies, chips, dips, crackers, meat trays, fruit trays, hot apple cidar, Christmas tea, coffee, cappucino, cakes, cookies...you name it...

We eat ourselves into oblivion. We normally have mexican foods that night for supper.

Then, we load up in the vehicle and drive around town looking at Christmas lights!!

Then we come home, take care of any last minute gift wrapping, kids go to bed early and get up even earlier! hahahaha
Lots of fun and excitement and anticipation!!!

Very fun question!

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Faith4always For This Useful Post:
Beki (10-05-2009), Chillywilly (09-07-2009), MsChristmas (09-06-2009)
Old 09-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

Christmaschick has shown a merry dispositionChristmaschick has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Faithmom6 View Post
I put out all our treats and eats...candies, chips, dips, crackers, meat trays, fruit trays, hot apple cidar, Christmas tea, coffee, cappucino, cakes, cookies...you name it...

We eat ourselves into oblivion. We normally have mexican foods that night for supper.

Then, we load up in the vehicle and drive around town looking at Christmas lights!!

Then we come home, take care of any last minute gift wrapping, kids go to bed early and get up even earlier! hahahaha
Lots of fun and excitement and anticipation!!!

Very fun question!

That sounds so cool. Wow, that's alot of food! Our Christmas Eve tradition seems to change every year depending on what extended family are doing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmaschick For This Useful Post:
Beki (10-05-2009)
Old 09-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
We go to my mom's house for dinner and opening gifts. We get there around 5 or 6 and stay until about 11. I usually prepare 2 cookie trays for my mom and brother and take up as well as some other dish to add to the dinner. Then we like to load all of our gifts around the tree, take pictures of them, eat and enjoy each others company. Then we put on A Christmas Story to play in the background or some Christmas music and then we tear into the gifts. We usually bicker about who's gonna record because everyone hates to use the camera.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Santa's Helper For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2009, 03:05 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 9,537 Times in 1,441 Posts
Solice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the Wisemen
We celebrate Christmas Eve the same way you celebrate Christmas Day, I think.
We open christmas presents after christmas dinner on Christmas Eve.
Santa Clause is also comming after dinner (eat at 5!), and after we had our walk and songs around the christmas tree.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Solice For This Useful Post:
Beki (10-05-2009), MsChristmas (09-06-2009)
Old 09-06-2009, 03:40 AM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Midnight mass. Always a beautiful event, with a full congregation, the full choir, and the nativity story from the gospels. Outside afterward, snow and stars and serenity.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wenceslaus For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2009, 09:43 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,255 Times in 28,875 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We go to my sisters house and order pizza for dinner. Then we do prep for christmas day lunch. My nieces bake cookies for santa and then we open our stocking gifts from each other. My nieces get to open one gift that is under the tree for them which is always new PJs. Then me and mom go to my aunts house to spend the night. Sometimes we run to cvs or walgreens to buy extra little gifts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

belljoy has shown a merry disposition
we go to candlelight service at church (6 pm), then up to my mom's house for dinner, then we all open one gift. We make sure eveyone's stockings are hung up on the fireplace (adults too- with no young children in the family for several yrs, each person now puts one item into everyone else's stocking)(the stockings are all hand knitted by me- i started this when my son was born and added one or 2 a year until all family members had one). I usually put stocking stuffers in before i go home on CH Eve..and then we all come back again on Christmas day to my mothers house..but at different times of the morning,afternoon. all of this 'tradition' evolved over the last 20 years or so....but when I tried to change something one year, several family members got very upset and said but we ALWAYS do it this way!..LOL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to belljoy For This Useful Post:
Beki (10-05-2009), MsChristmas (09-06-2009)
Old 09-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,010 Times in 360 Posts
Yuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elf
We attend a 3:30 family service, enjoy our annual Christmas Eve steak dinner, in a decorated North Woods atmosphere, & drive around looking at lit up neighborhood homes. Some of them glow peacefully & others are absolutely spectacular.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:57 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
star

I always have my Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve. Started to do this when my kids
were growing up so I could enjoy Christmas Day with them and not spend the day in the kitchen.
It always worked out nice because it gave the kids something to do on the night that's filled with anticipation. And the table always looks so pretty by candlelight.

And we love to go to candlight services at church on Christmas Eve.

Now that my kids are grown with families of their own, we still do Christmas Eve dinner but I have learned to stay flexible because things change over the years. And grown children need to start their own traditions with their families.

So if no one is here but hubby and I, we enjoy each other's company and focus on the true meaning of Christmas, the birth of Jesus and His gift to all.