Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » 2009 Christmas Card Exchange

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,975
Threads: 53,447
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,108)
Welcome to our newest member, Angelfrog
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift 2 Chestnuts
By Christmasstar
09-09-2013 07:30 AM
Last post by Meceka
09-18-2013 08:33 PM
10,687 Views  1 Posts
A Miraculous Movie
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:02 PM
53,909 Views  0 Posts
"Lill's Travels in Santa...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 08:48 AM
59,518 Views  0 Posts
Just Like Jesus
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:34 PM
0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2010
By MMC Editor
06-11-2010 11:17 PM
58,240 Views  0 Posts

Old 07-08-2009, 03:43 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,890 Times in 2,408 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
2009 Christmas Card Exchange

Hi all,

Sign-ups for the 2009 Christmas Card Exchange are now closed. Thanks to all who signed up. The final list has been published and all participants have been notified by email. I will keep this thread open for a few more days then will lock it down.

For those who may be new to this, let me briefly explain what the Christmas Card Exchange has meant for me. Below are a couple of pictures taken in my home on Christmas Eve:

What I want you to notice is the wall in the background on these images -- see all those Christmas cards? The vast majority of those came from our Christmas Card Exchange right here on MMC. I had FIVE walls like this with cards in my home and it made every day Christmas between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve to run to the mailbox. My kids loved it and it was FABULOUS to see cards come from all over the world.

Please read the FAQ on the signup page for more information or ask your questions here in this thread.

I will periodically list names of individuals who sign up for this year's exchange, so visit this post frequently for updates.

Thanks,
Jeff

ps -- here is the list of who has signed up so far this year, as of 10/31/09:

Mumof2
lmm8606
ballcoach
usafvet
Santa's Helper
Meceka
Minta
Christmasstar
Jeff Westover
Head Elf
CharlestonNole
dvdguy & mrsH
Ravenhardt
HoosierChristmas
ohchristmastree
Maureen
Suzanne Wilkins
UndrTakr
Eritori
HollyJells
kerst
jenalin
BrittanyMarie
christmas_nut_k_1209
Maebeary
made582
ronda43701
belljoy
Janet
angelanicolegray
KareninMO
hilarios
Christmaschick
lauriebear777
Rodmonster
Sabine
Christmas Addict
tumbleweed Christmas
sugarplum fairy
Dukicin1
Sigga Maja
danielsgirl
Harpa Dis
FlyingForLIfe
lorn--xx
roccoerz
Boogedy
Katet
Solice
ronda43701
Smokyturtle
vsclaribnl
HollyMay22
Little Elf
miller4plusmore
thesnowmouse
gustyd
JingleBelle85
ChrisMoose
SilverBells
Tiann
Lou Lou Who
Snow-in-Texas & Christmas-a-Holic
TamaraQT
GingerMel
jennywenny
Julie
mrspenguin
Tinsel
yesvirginia
holidaynut
brent
Polly56
Staceyb
Carolingbelle
camilicat

House Elf
Sno-covered Casey Claus
A Lil Flakey
Xmasbug
Bradmac
TheresaC
kgstyles
Lady Noel
williamcraig11

Last edited by Jeff Westover; 10-31-2009 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Updated list
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (07-09-2009), CharlestonNole (07-10-2009), Christmas Addict (09-10-2009), Christmaschick (08-25-2009), ChristmasFanatic56 (10-10-2009), hilarios (08-25-2009), HollyJells (10-17-2009), HoosierChristmas (07-09-2009), HouseElf (12-06-2009), lauriebear777 (08-27-2009), Maebeary (10-04-2009), Santa's Helper (07-10-2009), Solice (10-18-2009), sugarplum fairy (09-10-2009), TheresaC (10-29-2009)
Old 07-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,470 Times in 911 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Thanks Jeff. I am excited about this!
Old 07-10-2009, 06:20 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,221 Times in 12,636 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

Thank you, I love this event and have been waiting for the time to sign up!
Old 07-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
First off, awesome display Jeff. I think you have inspired me to something similar.

Secondly, I'm in .....
Old 07-10-2009, 07:13 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
signed up
Old 07-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

RavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elf
signed up
I hope to be in a new house by then...and if I am, I will update the address....woohoo
Old 07-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

HoosierChristmas has disabled reputation
I signed up! This is my first swap! I love getting cards during the holidays!
Old 07-12-2009, 06:02 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

ohchristmastree has shown a merry dispositionohchristmastree has shown a merry disposition
Ohhh, Im in! I cant wait to start off writing cards and the rest of the festivities!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

BrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elf
This one sounds like a lot of fun too. I signed up! I love sending out cards and spreading a little Christmas cheer.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Mistletoeologist

hilarios has shown a merry dispositionhilarios has shown a merry dispositionhilarios has shown a merry dispositionhilarios has shown a merry dispositionhilarios has shown a merry disposition
I love your display!
I love seeing the family photos people included in their cards last year and the lovely notes. Thanks for organizing this!