Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Decorations Christmas is a hands-on art. From the lights we put on the house to the decorations we put on the tree to the great foods we eat in the process, Christmas is a time of doing -- and this is the place we gather to talk, plan and share.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,001
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,737)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 09-28-2006, 08:52 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

whitexmas is a new face around here!
Lights in ur windows

How does everyone hang christmas lights in their windows. And how do they get them to hang so straight? I've used those double stick tape pads and they fall down, suction cups, they fall down. What is the secret?

Old 09-28-2006, 08:56 AM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
staples lol
I have not tried this yet, I'll let you know If I discover something
Old 09-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Ervserver

I drive a small finishing nail into the wood frame where I can and then use clear fishing line to hang lights or ornaments.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,062 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Years ago I used thumb tacs, but I have found stick pins work better and also stick tac will work in some cases.

I have a window that I can use the plastic clips that hold the screen in to hold the light strings.

I have also strung the lights around the curtain rod for a glowing affect.
The bulbs are not usually in view doing this but it does create a colorful glow seen from outside and inside.

Old 10-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
i have cup hooks screwed in to the four corners of the window. they stay up year round so they are always handy come the season.

xo

"Elfworks is right." *Jeff Westover

HAVE SPATULA. WILL TRAVEL......
www.thyca.org
http://www.aace.com/public/awareness...kCheckCard.pdf

OH HAPPY DAY! THE END OF KAKISTOCRACY IS HERE!!

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 10-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Ervserver

that's a good pernt Edith....think all year around. Make permanant mounts.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
thanks erv. i am full of good pernts.

xo

www.thyca.org

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 10-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
we put lights in our windows, but they're those electric candles that you sit on the window sil
Old 10-08-2006, 12:45 PM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
Up in northwest PA it seems that the outside decorations and lights in windows are very simple. Lots of wreaths and candles, very few outlandish displays. That could be due to the likelihood of freezing your tail off when putting them up.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

man. i hate it when your tail freezes and falls off!! it is never the part i want to fall off. drat.

xo

www.thyca.org