Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,842
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, HVEKU
View Poll Results: How old were you when Santa stopped bringing presents?
5 to 6 4 4.08%
7 to 8 11 11.22%
9 to 10 15 15.31%
11 to 12 8 8.16%
13 to 14 0 0%
15 to 16 2 2.04%
17 to 18 3 3.06%
Still getting stuff! 55 56.12%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2008, 01:10 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

bastones has shown a merry dispositionbastones has shown a merry dispositionbastones has shown a merry dispositionbastones has shown a merry disposition
Probably around 7-8 that I started realising.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

One Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnog
I still believe, and Santa still comes.....
Old 12-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Lucyuk has shown a merry disposition
I think I was about 7 when my older cousin told me.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

bumblee has shown a merry disposition
santa still brings me a stocking at my mommys house even though I'm 38
Old 12-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Wiggy has shown a merry disposition
I cannot totally confirm nor deny that the "real" Santa leaves me presents.

Sure, when I was young, I saw all the gifts in my folk's closet, and I remember mom always saying that she had to "buy Christmas", which I always disliked hearing because Christmas is so much more than what you can purchase at a store... And it wasn't hard to tell that some presents were really from my mom and not Santa as they were marked (handwriting was the same, wrapping paper was the same, etc.) And I'm fairly sure that mom and dad never actually mailed the letters I wrote to Santa, but there were a few times when I got gifts that were just too perfect to be from my parents. Things that I hadn't written on any wish lists, but there they were!

I like to think that I still get gifts from Santa.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:33 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

dancer_90 is a good elfdancer_90 is a good elfdancer_90 is a good elfdancer_90 is a good elfdancer_90 is a good elfdancer_90 is a good elfdancer_90 is a good elfdancer_90 is a good elf
well i was about 11 when my mum stopped saying they were off santa and more off her. i still live at home with my mum so i still get more presents than i would if i didnt live at home, so im not sure whether it stopped when i was 11 or is still going :L
Old 07-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Jeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnogJeniferdwn will NOT spit in your eggnog
My mom told us if she ever heard us say we didn't believe, we'd never get another present from Santa. I'll be 38 in August and those words have never been said by me or my 2 brothers. My kids will be told the same thing. My 8 yr old is asking because kids are telling her that, but I tell her to believe what's in her heart. So I guess Santa never stops bringing presents.

Last edited by Jeniferdwn; 07-13-2010 at 12:04 PM. Reason: hit send too soon!
Old 08-15-2010, 04:55 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
he is still bringing.. Mostly some Days before Christmas Eve Because he is so busy to visit all the Kids. So my Family has to lay the Gifts under the tree
Old 08-15-2010, 11:21 AM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,486 Times in 9,275 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT !!??? SANTA NOT BRING PRESENTS ?? !!!!

Preposterous !! He still visits Me !!!!!

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Sanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elf
He still visits me and in fact his present quality has much improved.