Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Pets with Christmas names?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,915
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,650)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso

Old 10-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,761 Times in 9,571 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Pets with Christmas names?

Do you have any pets that have a Christmas name or named after a Christmas character in a movie or cartoon?

I have a bird named Bailey named after George Bailey in It's a Wonderful Life. We use to have a guinea pig named Clarence after the angel in the same movie. Clarence is now officially an angel - R.I.P.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Christmasologist

mommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elf
Interesting. Our cat just gave birth to kittens yesterday, maybe we can name one or two of them with Christmas names.

Sorry to hear about your Clarence.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,458 Times in 13,311 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

That is one thing I have never thought of before. Maybe someday if I get another one I will have to think of a good Christmas name for him or her.
Thanks for the idea!!
Old 10-11-2009, 01:36 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
I've never really named my pets myself except for my cat that died a few years ago. All of my pets were named for me. My dog Misty was named by my parents, my dog Maggie was named that when I adopted her from the animal shelter- I have given her the nick name Dupes though! My other cat I had as a child was named Kristie and I think my mom named her that. We had 2 birds that someone else named and a guinea pig that came with a name as well but my mom and brother ended up calling him Piglet! The only name I've given to my pets was my cat and his name was Arbuckle!!!

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 10-11-2009, 02:43 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

Janey would be nice to meet under the mistletoeJaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeJaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeJaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeJaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeJaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeJaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeJaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeJaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeJaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeJaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Hmm I don't, even though I have lots of pets! I still need two new hamster names.. maybe they can have Christmassy names..
Old 10-11-2009, 05:29 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,787 Times in 1,185 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
When I was in Maryland we never had any pets with Christmas names. But when I was a kid we had a shetland sheepdog (toy collie) that was named Tab Cola. His entire family was named after colas, his mother's name was Diet Rite, I kid you not.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
Old 10-11-2009, 06:30 AM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Not anymore, but I had a budgie named Noel when I was nearing the end of my High School years. She was mainly green and yellow.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:22 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

mrspenguin has shown a merry dispositionmrspenguin has shown a merry dispositionmrspenguin has shown a merry dispositionmrspenguin has shown a merry dispositionmrspenguin has shown a merry disposition
My dog is named Dexter after the old cartoon Dexter's Labratory...not Christmas but after a tv show

But my step-daughters have a cat at their mom's named Christmas Kitty.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Elfmade has shown a merry disposition
This is a great question! All of our families pets have Christmas related names. Some have passes away. Our favorite dog was named Holly but she has now passed. My brother's dog was named Flurries and she has also passed. We have a cat name Christie short for Christmas Eve when we brought her home. We have a Dauchsund named Rudy for Rudolph. We also have a Lab/cocker spaniel mix that is named Mistletoe and we call her Misty. We also had a cat named Nicholas for St. Nicholas. All of out pets names get back to Christmas is some way, shape or form.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:15 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 47,685 Times in 7,666 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
My cat is named Mouse and one of her nicknames is Maui Christmas.