Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » October is here!

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn┤t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift 2 Book Review: Good King...
By MMC Editor
10-29-2012 12:50 AM
86,230 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in the 1930s
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:02 PM
63,343 Views  0 Posts
stocking Thanksgiving Activities...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:52 PM
62,964 Views  0 Posts
A Fat Man's Holiday
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:18 PM
44,806 Views  0 Posts
"Mary Cary's Business"......
By MerryCarey
10-25-2011 12:42 PM
52,216 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-03-2006, 10:56 AM
Mistletoeologist

Christy Carol has shown a merry dispositionChristy Carol has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by sheepsnot
If it wasn't supposed to be 90║ tomorrow, I'd go pumpkin picking with you, but I'll be inside under the air.
I have to agree...I cannot believe after having such a cool September we are revisiting summer again. Our weather dude is promising a break in the heat by Thursday and I am gonna hold him to it!!

As for plans, well if the weather does cool this weekend I am gonna have a garage sale Friday and Saturday. I've gotten out most of my Halloween decorations and put out some mums but I need to pick up some haybales. Guess the biggest event will be the annual Halloween party a good friend of ours throws every year. I have not decided whether we will dress up or not, my sweetie is leaning to the "or not" side!
Old 10-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Mistletoeologist

Christy Carol has shown a merry dispositionChristy Carol has shown a merry disposition
Listening to the radio just now at work...a country station and they just played "I Love a Rainy Night". The DJ was saying even though our area hasn't seen rain in a while he really would like to see some snow instead (esp since it is 93 outside with a heat index of 95!) and then said "oh what the heck, what could it hurt?" and then played "Let it Snow"!!!!

Old 10-03-2006, 01:46 PM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
Nice avatar! (I used that line on my wife, but she's had no idea what I was saying.) It's about 86║ now, but it feels pretty comfortable.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Mistletoeologist

That movie, hands down is my favorite all time movie. That line now has family meaning to my crew...oh goodness, I guess it was Christmas Eve '99 when my (at the time) 9 year old nephew was watching it with me and later used that line at my parents house. I thought my sister, his mom was gonna kill me!

Are you guys expecting the cool down too? They are calling for 78 here Friday with a low of 53 so that is more like it.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:14 PM
On the Naughty List

72║ Friday, sister! Whoohoo! And a nighttime low of 53║. Don't want to rush winter or I'll forget to enjoy the fall.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Mistletoeologist

72║ Friday, sister! Whoohoo! And a nighttime low of 53║. Don't want to rush winter or I'll forget to enjoy the fall.
Agreed! I want some cool days and cooler nights so we will have a gorgeous array of color this year and not just brown dead leaves like last year. We are talking about driving up to Northern Arkie (where the mountains are) later in the fall to look at all the colors. But I can't wait til we have to start raking! I am a big kid at heart and I love to get a huge pile of leaves and then jump right into the center of them!!
Old 10-03-2006, 02:29 PM
On the Naughty List

My Arkansas experience is limited to a couple canoe trips down the Spring River or the Buffalo River, can't remember what it was called. Ended up getting stitches in my leg, but it was a good time anyhow.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:29 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

mrshamm is a new face around here!
I can't believe you can already be done shopping for Christmas.
I always get all of the shopping done by the second week of October then I wrap everything and seperate all of the small things into bags for stockings. Getting everything done this early makes it so much nicer once the "Holiday rush" starts. All I have to do during that time is my baking and decorating.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:34 PM
On the Naughty List

Do you early shoppers still go out and window shop or would that just lead to impulse buying, something I know nothing about. Uh oh, my nose...
Old 10-03-2006, 05:45 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

mrshamm is a new face around here!
I go out and window shop closer to Christmas because I always find an extra little something to give my husband or Children or something that I can hint to my husband that I would like. My husband is more of a day before shopper...lol.